It's never too late for a delicious Vegan Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte! Pumpkin season is over according to Starbucks but not for me. Pumpkin spice is so warming and comforting and I find it perfect for these cold months. This tasty pumpkin spice latte is very simple to make. All you need to do is brew the espresso shots, warm up the oat milk with the pumpkin purée and spices, and make the 3 ingredient caramel sauce. Combine and then top with your favorite vegan whipped cream.
You’ll definitely want access to espresso for this recipe. You could technically use strong coffee as well but freshly brewed espresso is preferred. I have a Nespresso machine that brews beautiful espresso shots but any espresso maker will do the trick!
- Oat Milk
- Pumpkin Purée
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Espresso: I have a Nespresso that I use to brew espresso shots. Any espresso maker will work. Could also use extra strong coffee.
- Pumpkin Purée: I don't recommend replacing this with anything or you'll lose the pumpkin aspect of this coffee. But if you don't have it, leave it out and make sure to add caramel and all the spices to make a delicious spiced caramel latte.
- Oat Milk: I love the creaminess of oat milk but soy milk, almond milk, or any other plant milk will work. I used the brand Planet Oat.
- Spices: I used a blend of spices but it could be substituted with the blend pumpkin pie spice.
- Vegan Whipped Cream: I used a coconut whip that I found in my local grocery store but any plant milk whipped cream will work.
How To Make The Best Vegan Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte
Use a good quality espresso shot. I love love love my Nespresso and highly recommend it but any espresso that you love will work here. I usually go with a darker roast to offset the sweetness of the caramel.
You definitely want to go with a Non-dairy milk that you know froths well. Silk Soy Milk, Almond Breeze Almond Milk, or Planet Oat Oat Milk are all good options.
More Coffee Recipes You Might Like:
Vegan Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte
- ½ cup Organic Cane Sugar
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Canned Coconut Milk
Pumpkin Spice Latte (Makes 1):
- Single or Double Shot of Espresso
- 1 cup Oat Milk or Favorite Plant Milk
- 1-2 teaspoons Caramel Sauce depends on preference
- ½ tablespoon Pumpkin Purée
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon Ginger
- Pinch of Allspice
- Pinch of Cardamom
- Pinch of Salt
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- Make the caramel sauce by whisking together the sugar and water. Bring to boil then reduce to a simmer for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in ¼ cup canned coconut milk and simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Should coat the back of a spoon. Take off heat and pour in to a jar. Let cool. The caramel will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Add the oat milk, 1 to 2 teaspoons of the caramel sauce (depending on preference), pumpkin purée, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, cardamom, and salt to a small pot on medium heat. Once hot, add to a mug.
- Brew a single or double shot of espresso in to the pumpkin spiced oat milk. Then, top with vegan whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel. Enjoy!