This Chai Spiced Oat Milk Shaken Espresso is my new go-to homemade coffee drink. It’s made very simply and it will only take a few minutes to prepare in the morning once you’ve prepped ahead the chai spiced brown sugar syrup.
Earlier this year Starbucks dropped an Iced Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken Espresso that was delicious. I’ve been making them at home all year and have enjoyed adding different flavors to them. I’ve made the classic, a mocha version, and a pumpkin spice but this one might be my favorite. The flavors of chai are so comforting to me even when in a cold iced drink. Hope you enjoy!
What You Will Need For This Chai Spiced Oat Milk Shaken Espresso
You’ll definitely want access to espresso for this recipe. You could technically use strong coffee as well but freshly brewed espresso is preferred. I use a Nespresso machine.
Another item you’ll need is a cocktail shaker or simply a jar with a tight sealed lid like a mason jar or an old pasta sauce jar.
- Oat Milk
- Chai Spices
- Espresso: You can also use strong coffee. It won’t be the same but it will still taste good. I would use about 1/2 cup.
- Oat Milk: Any plant based milk will work here.
How To Make The Best Shaken Espresso
Use a good quality espresso shot. I love love love my Nespresso and highly recommend it but any espresso that you love will work here. I usually go with a darker roast to offset the sweetness of the brown sugar syrup.
More Recipes You Might Like:
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Chai Spiced Oat Milk Shaken Espresso
Chai Spiced Brown Sugar Syrup(3-4 Servings):
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon All Spice
- Pinch of Cardamom
Chai Spiced Oat Milk Shaken Espresso (Makes 1):
- Single Shot of Espresso
- 1-2 tablespoons Chai Spiced Brown Sugar Syrup
- 1/2 cup Oat Milk or Enough to Fill the Cup
- Ice Cubes
- Whisk together water, brown sugar, and all the spices together in a small pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 3-5 minutes. Turn off heat and pour in a jar. Let cool to room temperature.
- To make 1 drink: Brew 1 shot of espresso in a jar that has a tight sealed lid or a cocktail shaker along with 1-2 tablespoons of Chai Spiced Brown Sugar Syrup, depending on your sweetness preference. I use about 1 1/2 tablespoons. Add ice and put the lid on. Shake vigorously.
- Add ice cubes to a serving glass and pour in the shaken espresso and add the oat milk. Enjoy!