This Chocolate Peanut Butter Chickpea Dip is a delicious and healthy dip that will satisfy any sweet craving while giving you an extra serving of protein.
Let’s break it down:
First up, Chocolate Peanut Butter Chickpea Dip. I had some chickpeas laying around and wanted to make my own version of Trader Joe's Chocolate Dessert Hummus. While it sounds strange, it's a delicious and healthy dip that will satisfy any sweet craving while giving you an extra serving of protein. The ingredient list is short and sweet and you only need a food processor or high speed blender to make this. Simply blend the ingredients together until smooth and creamy then top it off with chocolate chunks and dip away! I used pretzels, apple slices, and strawberries but this would also be good on toast as a nutella replacement or on top of oatmeal.
What You Will Need For This Chocolate Peanut Butter Chickpea Dip
- Cocoa Powder
- Maple Syrup
- Creamy Peanut Butter
How To Make The Best Chickpea Dip
Make sure you use a creamy peanut butter so the overall texture is better and creamier.
Removing the skins off the chickpeas will result in a creamier dip. This may take a few minutes but it's worth it.
The best part is all the foods you can use to dip in this. Pretzels are delicious, apples, or fresh strawberries.
More Dip Recipes You Might Like:
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chickpea Dip
- 15 oz can of Chickpeas skins removed
- 3-4 tablespoon Unsweetened Plant Milk
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup or Agave
- ½ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Vegan Chocolate Chunks for serving
- Rinse and drain the can of chickpeas. Remove the skins off by carefully pinching the chickpea. It should come off easily. This may take a few minutes but it's worth it.
- Simply place all the ingredients in to a food processor except for the chocolate chunks. Process until smooth, scrapping down the sides as needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with pretzels, apple slices, or strawberries. Enjoy!