Here is your new go-to recipe for Easy Vegetable Dumplings using a from scratch wrapper & a delicious veggie filling! It’s easier than it looks! Vegetable Dumplings are one of my favorite foods. Maybe even my absolute favorite. BUT I’ve never made them myself and honestly never really planned to because of how difficult I expected them to be.
But I had a craving and didn’t want to spend money eating out and then this recipe was born! I will admit wrapping dumplings is frustrating and time consuming but pretty easy when you get the hang of it! Prepare for the first couple to be ugly but then you’ll get better. Grab a friend or your significant other and put them to work! It can be fun! I hope you enjoy these Easy Vegetable Dumplings as much as I do!
What You Will Need For These Easy Vegetable Dumplings:
Nothing special here! Just a little patience.
- All Purpose Flour
- Mixed Vegetables
- Sesame Oil
- Chili Garlic Sauce
- Soy Sauce
You could easily use store-bought wrappers for this recipe. Nasoya has a good one that is vegan. I’ve used them and they are very delicious. As for the vegetables, go wild! Use whatever you have and love. You could even substitute the mushrooms with vegan ground beef.
How To Make The Best Easy Vegetable Dumplings Every Time:
The dough wrapper is very easy to make but make sure you use floured hands and a floured surface or else it will get messy. You can stack the wrappers as long as they are well floured.
More Recipes You Might Like:
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Easy Vegetable Dumplings
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Boiling Water
- 1/2 cup Cold Water
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil or oil of choice
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger minced
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 1/2 cup Mushroom diced
- 1/2 cup Red Onion diced
- 3 cups Cabbage + Carrot Mix chopped finely
- 1/4 cup Green Onion sliced thinly
- 2 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2 tbsps Soy Sauce
- Start by making the dumpling wrapper: mix together the all purpose flour and salt in a large bowl. With a wooden spoon stir in the boiling water. Next, add the cold water and mix until the dough is formed. Cover and set aside to rest.
- Make the filling: Prep by chopping all the vegetables and mincing the garlic and ginger.
- In a large pan, add the oil on medium-high heat. Add the vegetable mix and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the ginger and garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Next add in the chili garlic sauce and soy sauce. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until veggies are cooked down and soft. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Prepare the dumplings: On a heavily flour surface roll out the dough and use a 3 or 4 inch cookie cutter to cut out the dumpling wrappers. You should get between 30-35 dumplings.
- To fill dumplings: Fill up a small dish with water. Dip your finger in to the water and lightly wet around the edge of the wrapper. One at a time. Fill the wrapper with 1- 1 1/2 tablespoons of filling and pinch together the sides. If you're feeling fancy, get creative with the way you wrap the dumpling but I kept mine easy. Set aside dumplings on a floured baking tray while you continue with the rest.
- At this point you can cook how many dumplings you plan to eat and freeze the rest or go ahead and cook all of them. I only recommend cooking the ones you plan to serve immediately.
- Boil a half pot of water. I used my metal steamer but use whatever steamer you have. Grease the metal steamer and place the dumplings so they aren't touching. Once the water is boiling, place the steamer basket on top and steam for 10 minutes. If frozen, add 1-2 extra minutes.
- Carefully transfer steamed dumplings to a pan with 1/2 to 1 tbsp of oil on medium-high heat. Cook until golden and crispy on the bottom about 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve with sauce of choice and enjoy!