These Fudgy Almond Butter Brownies are unbelievably fudgy, perfectly sweet, nutty and so dang good. No one would know they are gluten free and vegan!!
I used a nutri-bullet to blend up oats to create the oat flour and the brownies require an 8x8 baking pan. Other than that, no special equipment needed!
- Creamy Runny Almond Butter
- Cocoa Powder
- Oat Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Vegan Chocolate Chunks
- Almond Butter: I haven't tried this personally but I can imagine these working with any nut butter as long as it's extremely creamy and runny. You don't want a thick nut butter for these.
- Oat Flour: I haven't tried any substitutions and can't recommend any but oats are easy to come by and affordable. Simply blend rolled or quick oats in to a powder.
- Vegan Chocolate Chunks: Vegan chocolate chips are any easy substitution. You could also leave them out but I don't recommend that because the more chocolate the better.
Tips & Tricks
What kind of Almond Butter should I use?
You want to make sure the almond butter you are using is extremely creamy and runny. Stiff thick almond butter will not work here. You'll have to compensate the dryness with added plant milk and I can't guarantee that will yield the same results.
Can I substitute the oat flour?
I recommend oat flour for these brownies simply because I can't guarantee any other gluten free flour would yield the same results. I simply blended up quick oats in my nutri-bullet. If you can't have oats, I recommend trying out almond flour or a gluten free all purpose flour.
How do I know when the brownies are done baking?
Bake these until the top is no longer wet in appearance. They should be fudgy on the inside and chewy on the outside.
More Sweet Recipes You Might Like:
- Salted Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Bites
- Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-Free Vegan Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Fudgy Almond Butter Brownies
- 2 tablespoons Ground Flaxseed mixed w/ ¼ cup water
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ⅓ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Oat Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Creamy Almond Butter
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Unsweet Plant Milk
- ⅓ cup Vegan Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the ground flaxseed with ¼ cup of water. Set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl whisk together the granulated sugar, cocoa powder, oat flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the creamy almond butter, maple syrup, unsweet plant milk and the thickened flaxseed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and toss to combine. Stir in the chocolate chunks and then transfer to a parchment lined 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the brownies no longer appear wet on top.
- Let cool then slice and enjoy!