I’m so excited about this quick and easy sandwich recipe! I recently made a chickpea no-tuna salad sandwich and well, it was OK but I’m not a huge chickpea fan. I enjoyed the flavors so I’ve been wanting to recreate that dish for sometime now sans chickpeas but couldn’t decide what to use. Then, I saw the can of jackfruit in my kitchen cabinet and it hit me. A Jackfruit No-Tuna Melt sounded amazing to me and I’m happy to say that this is the best vegan tuna dish I’ve had yet! The texture is perfect and the taste… come on! This Jackfruit No-Tuna Melt is SO good warm and melty but is just as delicious served as a cold no-tuna salad sandwich. Be sure to tag me on instagram and leave a review down below if you try this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 20oz Can of Jackfruit in Brine, not syrup
- 1/3 cup Celery, minced
- 1/3 cup Carrots, minced
- 3 tbsps Red Onion
- 3 tbsps Dill Pickles
- 1/3 cup Vegan Mayo
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsps Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Agave or Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Fresh Dill
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kelp Granules, optional
- 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp Salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, or more to taste
- 1-2 tbsps Vegan Butter, for cooking
- 1-2 tbsps Olive Oil, for cooking
- Bread, I used a Country Loaf from my local bakery
- Vegan Cheese Slices, I used Cheddar
- Drain and rinse the can of jackfruit. Shred the jackfruit, removing hard core and seeds.
- Mince the celery, carrots, red onion, and pickles. Add chopped veggies to the jackfruit and stir to combine.
- Whisk together the vegan mayo, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, mustard, agave syrup, fresh dill, garlic, kelp granules, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Then, add the mixture to the jackfruit and stir until evenly combined.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat with 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil and 1/2 tbsp of Vegan Butter. Add more olive oil and butter in between sandwiches, if needed.
- Slice bread and place a large helping of jackfruit no-tuna on top and 1 slice of vegan cheese. Close the sandwich with another piece of bread and place in the pan.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. ***If vegan cheese doesn’t fully melt, remove top piece of bread and place the oven on broil. Heat the sandwich, cheese side up, until melted. Watch carefully.
- Serve and enjoy!
SAVE FOR LATER? Pin it on Pinterest!