WELCOME SPRING & welcome back ice cold drinks especially this Ginger Mint Lemonade, my personal favorite! I live in NYC and no matter where you are, you will definitely see Le Pain Quotidien. I love running in there and grabbing a Mint Lemonade and a blueberry muffin or other vegan treat they have. Well, the other day I had a big craving for this said Ginger Mint Lemonade but leaving the house seemed like a big inconvenience so I made it instead! This definitely hit the spot and saved me $4! I’ve made this a few times since then and I love it. SO refreshing! Not too sweet, not too tart, and simple to make. Tell me below your warm weather drink of choice?! I hope you enjoy!
- 5 cups of Water
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint
- 1-2 tbsps Fresh Ginger, minced
- Make simple syrup by heating 1 cup of water on the stove top. Stir in the sugar until dissolved. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Juice lemons.
- Add your mint to a bowl and take the back of a wooden spatula and muddle the mint slightly. Just 2-3 times.
- In a glass jar, add lemon juice, simple syrup, the rest of the water, sliced lemons, fresh ginger, and the mint.
- Chill in the fridge or drink over ice! Enjoy!
SAVE FOR LATER? Pin it on Pinterest!