Can't wait to share this Roasted Cauliflower Alfredo! I'm always up for a creamy pasta dish! I usually opt for blended cashews since the texture is smooth and creamy but I tried the same method that I usually do but with roasted cauliflower and it was a winner. It has a bit more texture to it than a cashew based sauce but the flavor is perfect and it's great when you want a lighter sauce. This Roasted Cauliflower Alfredo makes such a tasty dish that can be eaten on it's own or served with steamed vegetables, garlic bread, or a side salad.
What You Will Need For This Roasted Cauliflower Alfredo
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Pasta Noodles
- Onion & Garlic
- Campanelle Noodles: Any noodle will do! You can use the traditional fettuccine noodle, penne, rigatoni. It really doesn't matter! You can also use a gluten-free noodle.
- Unsweetened Plant Milk: Use water! I think using plant milk as it gets very creamy but water will also work just fine.
- Yellow Miso Paste: Miso Paste is never optional to me. It adds a delicious flavor but if you don't have it or want to buy it, leave it out. You may need to compensate and add more salt.
How To Make The Best Roasted Cauliflower Alfredo
Spread the cauliflower apart so pieces aren't touching. This will help even browning and proper roasting. Same with the onions. If the pan is too small the onions will steam instead of brown so be sure to give them enough space.
Another trick for onions is to leave them alone. Toss them only occasionally will also help brown them and they develop more flavor.
Serve this delicious creamy pasta with a side salad, garlic bread, a toasted baguette, or steamed vegetables. This pasta could also be a meal on it's own and doesn't really need a side but I can't resist a bowl of pasta and toasty piece of bread.
More Pasta Recipes You Might Like:
- Roasted Red Pepper Fettuccine
- Vegan Butternut Squash & Mushroom Lasagna Rolls
- Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with Cashews
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Roasted Cauliflower Alfredo
- 1 Medium Cauliflower about 5-6 cups
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 1 lb Pasta of Choice I used Campanelle
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cups Yellow Onion diced
- 3-5 Garlic Cloves
- ½ of the Roasted Cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons White Miso Paste
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Unsweetened Plant Milk
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ - 1 teaspoon Salt
- Parsley & Basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut the cauliflower in to large bite size pieces.
- Toss the cauliflower with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Boil water and cook pasta of choice according to package. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, the diced yellow onion, and a pinch of salt. Cook for 7 minutes or until the onions are soft and starting to brown.
- Add in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add half of the roasted cauliflower to a blender along with the cooked onions and garlic, miso paste, lemon juice, plant milk, water, black pepper, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and season with more salt, if desired.
- Pour the cauliflower alfredo sauce in the pot with the pasta and toss until evenly combined. Add in the reserved pasta water to thin out the sauce to the perfect texture. You may not need the entire ½ cup.
- Divide the pasta on to serving plates and top with the remaining roasted cauliflower and fresh basil and parsley. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply