Pizza and wine night just got better with this Roasted Red Pepper Pizza w/ Tofu Ricotta & Balsamic Glaze. Along with the sweet and sour balsamic glaze and homemade ricotta this pizza has vegan mozzarella, tomatoes, garlic, and lots of fresh basil. That plain and simple cheese pizza is getting an upgrade!
I've never been a plain cheese or pepperoni kinda pizza eater, vegan or not. I love tons and tons of toppings! The more things piled on the better in my opinion. I've been big on balsamic things lately and thought roasted red peppers, tofu ricotta, and tomatoes paired so well with it! I was right.
This Roasted Red Pepper Pizza w/ Tofu Ricotta & Balsamic Glaze is damn delicious! It has everything you want on a pizza and more. So many complementary flavors all on one pizza. Sweet balsamic glaze, roasted peppers, cheese, garlic, olive oil, lemon... So good. You gotta try it!
Let’s break it down:
First, make your favorite pizza dough. I used my own recipe from a previous blog post. It's my favorite dough because it's soft and fluffy yet crisp. It's great!
Once you have your dough sorted, get the toppings ready. Pile on the toppings starting with the simple tomato sauce, roasted bell peppers, fresh garlic, and cherry tomatoes along with your favorite vegan mozzarella cheese.
Finish it off with a homemade tofu ricotta and a brush of olive oil and garlic powder on the crust. Bake and drizzle with my new favorite thing in the world: Balsamic Glaze! Also basil. Lots of fresh basil! Enjoy.
What You Will Need For This Roasted Red Pepper Pizza
- Pizza Dough
- Tomato Sauce
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Balsamic Vinegar
Use any pizza dough you enjoy. Store-bought works perfectly or make it from scratch. As for the toppings, use whatever you have or want. Vegan sausage would be really delicious on this as well.
What I Used:
Vegan Mozzarella: My absolute favorite is Violife and Follow your Heart.
How To Make The Best Roasted Red Pepper Pizza w/ Tofu Ricotta & Balsamic Glaze
If you're short on time, use a pre-made pizza dough or make the dough the day before. Simply let the dough rise for 1hr, wrap in cling wrap, and place in the fridge overnight.
The balsamic glaze is ready as soon as it coats the back of a spoon. Don't overcook it or you're going to end up with a block of balsamic glaze.
More Pizza Recipes You Might Like:
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Roasted Red Pepper Pizza w/ Tofu Ricotta & Balsamic Glaze
Roasted Red Pepper Pizza:
- Pizza Dough homemade or store-bought
- ½ cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper from jar
- 6-7 Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves thinly sliced
- Fresh Basil
- Olive Oil for brushing on crust
- Half a Block of Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Make the pizza dough from the blog post listed in the notes above or use your favorite store-bought crust. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough. I used my 12″ cast iron skillet but you can use a large pizza pan. Transfer the dough to your preferred pan and prepare toppings.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Add the tomato sauce to a small bowl and mix in the Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper. Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle as much or as little vegan mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato sauce as you'd like.
- Thinly slice the roasted red pepper, cherry tomatoes, and garlic. Be sure to leave the garlic in bigger chunks or slices so it doesn't burn. Evenly spread toppings on the pizza.
- Add the tofu, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until smooth but still has some texture. Dollop spoonfuls evenly on the pizza.
- Brush the pizza crust with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder and salt if desired.
- Bake the pizza for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Every oven is different so keep an eye on it.
- While the pizza is cooking, make the balsamic glaze. Add the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in to a small pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the balsamic glaze has reduced and thickened. It should coat the back of a spoon. About 10-15 minutes.
- Drizzle the pizza with balsamic glaze and fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!