It’s a New Year so most people are eating healthier, dieting, and working out. I get it but I hate dieting and always found it hard to stick with because the food is bland and well, boring. I say this year you should wave goodbye to dieting and say hello to incorporating more veggies, healthy sources of fat, and plant protein in to your diet! This sesame miso noodle salad proves that you don’t have to eat boring meals to be healthy.
This Sesame Miso Noodle Salad contains tons of raw veggies, your favorite noodle, edamame for added protein, and a creamy sauce that is actually good for you. I chose a thin udon noodle for this dish because they are my personal favorite but feel free to go for a gluten free pasta, rice noodles, or even soda noodles. The choice is yours! And for the veggies, do what feels right for you. If you hate an ingredient, take it out. If you love an ingredient a little extra, add more of it! And if you’re up for it, feel free to take this salad to the next level and throw in some Sesame Crusted Tofu. All right, let’s get making your new go-to healthy vegan lunch!
What You Will Need For This Sesame Miso Noodle Salad
The best part of this recipe is that is requires no special equipment!
- Udon Noodles
- Mixed Vegetables
All the vegetables and the type of noodle you use are all up to you! This dish would be great with soba noodles or rice noodles or any vegetables you enjoy.
Health benefits of this dish:
- Tahini (sesame seed butter): I recently began incorporating tahini in to my diet because it’s a good source of protein, healthy fats, calcium and iron. The list of benefits for this one go on and on!
- Miso Paste is great for gut health and contains several essential vitamins and minerals.
- Fresh Ginger and Garlic are known to be anti inflammatory, great for digestion, and can help fight the common cold and flu.
More Healthy Recipes You Might Like:
- Vegan Bacon Apple Spinach Salad w/ Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Brussels Sprout & Sweet Potato Salad w/ Maple Mustard Dressing
- Wellness Shots (No Juicer Required)
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Sesame Miso Noodle Salad
Sesame Miso Dressing:
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger
- 1-2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/3 cup Tahini I used Trader Joe's brand
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 tbsps Miso Paste
- 3 tbsps Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsps Agave or Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar or sub white vinegar
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 3 tsp opens in a new tab">Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil optional
- Black Pepper to taste
- 8 oz pack of Noodles I used Udon but feel free to use soba, rice, etc
- 1 cup of Shelled Frozen Edamame plus 1/2 tsp Oil for cooking
- Half a Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- Half of a Cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of Green Cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of Red Cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro + more for garnish
- 1 cup Carrots shredded
- 2-3 tbsps Sesame Seeds + more for garnish
- Lime Wedges for serving
- Prepare the dressing by mincing the garlic and ginger.
- Add the ginger and garlic to a medium-sized bowl along with the remaining dressing ingredients. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook your noodles according to the package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Add 1/2 tsp of oil to a pan on medium-high heat and add frozen edamame. Cook for a few minutes until no longer frozen and the outside is just slightly starting to brown. Remove from pan and place in a large bowl.
- Thinly slice the red pepper, green cabbage, red cabbage, and cucumber and throw them in the bowl with the edamame.
- Next, chop the cilantro and shred the carrot. Add to the large bowl along with the sesame seeds.
- Toss together the veggies and cooked noodles.
- Pour in the sesame miso dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide noodle salad in to serving bowls or Tupperware. Top with sesame seeds, more cilantro, and a lime wedge. Enjoy!