This Sparking Watermelon Lemonade is an incredibly satisfying and refreshing summer drink! The added sparkling water gives this drink a cocktail feel but without the alcohol. It’s the perfect drink to end the night but is also refreshing enough to drink outside by a pool or in the park on a hot day. Wherever you end up taking your glass of Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade, I hope you enjoy!
This drink comes together fast and easy. Simply juice lemons until you have 1 cup of fresh juice. Mix the lemon juice with the sugar of your choice and set aside. Cube 4 1/2 cups of watermelon and add to a blender. Blend until smooth and then you’ll want to strain it in to a pitcher. Mix the watermelon juice with the sweetened lemon juice and mix well. Pour 3/4 of the watermelon lemonade in to a glass with ice and top off with sparkling water. If you’re feeling extra fancy and going for that cocktail feel, add a cane sugar and fresh thyme rim!
You will need a lemon squeezer and a blender to make this Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade.
- Maple Syrup
- Sparkling Water
- Maple Syrup: You can substitute this with simple syrup or agave syrup.
- Sparkling Water: You can substitute this with club soda or tonic water.
Tips & Tricks:
- This drink isn’t very sweet as is but if you typically enjoy drinks that are not too sweet, start with 1/4 cup instead of 1/3 cup. You can always add a touch more sweetness to the finished glass if it’s not sweet enough.
More Drink Recipes You Might Like:
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!Print
Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade
- 1 cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup or Simple Syrup
- 4 1/2 cups of Fresh Watermelon
- Sparkling Water or Club Soda
- Ice, for serving
- Watermelon Slices, garnish
- Lemon Slices, garnish
- 1/4 cup Cane Sugar, for rim
- 1–2 tbsp Fresh Thyme, for rim
- Juice lemons until you have 1 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Whisk in maple syrup or simple syrup. If you typically like drinks that aren’t too sweet, add less syrup. You can always add more to the finished drink.
- Cube fresh watermelon and blend until smooth and strain in to a pitcher. Pour in the sweet lemon juice and stir together until well incorporated.
- Optional: Add the cane sugar and minced fresh thyme in to a shallow bowl. Run a lemon slice on the rim of the serving glasses and coat in sugar thyme rim.
- Add a generous amount of ice to the serving glasses and fill 3/4 of the way up with the watermelon lemonade. Top it off with sparkling water or club soda. Taste and add more syrup if needed.
- Garnish with a watermelon slice, lemon wedge, and a sprig of fresh thyme. Serve and enjoy!
Store leftover watermelon lemonade and sparkling water or club soda separate and combine when serving.
Keywords: non-alcoholic drink, mocktail, vegan drinks, drinks, watermelon lemonade, sparkling watermelon lemonade, lemonade, vegan