This Sparking Watermelon Lemonade is an incredibly satisfying and refreshing summer drink! The added sparkling water gives this drink a cocktail feel but without the alcohol. It’s the perfect drink to end the night but is also refreshing enough to drink outside by a pool or in the park on a hot day. Wherever you end up taking your glass of Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade, I hope you enjoy!
This drink comes together fast and easy. Simply juice lemons until you have 1 cup of fresh juice. Mix the lemon juice with the sugar of your choice and set aside. Cube 4 1/2 cups of watermelon and add to a blender. Blend until smooth and then you’ll want to strain it in to a pitcher. Mix the watermelon juice with the sweetened lemon juice and mix well. Pour 3/4 of the watermelon lemonade in to a glass with ice and top off with sparkling water. If you’re feeling extra fancy and going for that cocktail feel, add a cane sugar and fresh thyme rim!
What You Will Need For This Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade
You will need a lemon squeezer and a blender to make this Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade.
- Maple Syrup
- Sparkling Water
- Maple Syrup: You can substitute this with simple syrup or agave syrup.
- Sparkling Water: You can substitute this with club soda or tonic water.
How To Make The Best Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade
This drink isn’t very sweet as is but if you typically enjoy drinks that are not too sweet, start with 1/4 cup instead of 1/3 cup. You can always add a touch more sweetness to the finished glass if it’s not sweet enough.
More Drink Recipes You Might Like:
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade
Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade:
- 1 cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup or Simple Syrup
- 4 1/2 cups of Fresh Watermelon
- Sparkling Water or Club Soda
- Ice for serving
- Watermelon Slices garnish
- Lemon Slices garnish
- 1/4 cup Cane Sugar for rim
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh Thyme for rim
- Juice lemons until you have 1 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Whisk in maple syrup or simple syrup. If you typically like drinks that aren't too sweet, add less syrup. You can always add more to the finished drink.
- Cube fresh watermelon and blend until smooth and strain in to a pitcher. Pour in the sweet lemon juice and stir together until well incorporated.
- Optional: Add the cane sugar and minced fresh thyme in to a shallow bowl. Run a lemon slice on the rim of the serving glasses and coat in sugar thyme rim.
- Add a generous amount of ice to the serving glasses and fill 3/4 of the way up with the watermelon lemonade. Top it off with sparkling water or club soda. Taste and add more syrup if needed.
- Garnish with a watermelon slice, lemon wedge, and a sprig of fresh thyme. Serve and enjoy!