This Vegan Bacon Apple Spinach Salad w/ Apple Cider Vinaigrette is not to be missed. This salad has it all. A crisp apple, grilled vegan bacon, fresh spinach, crumbled feta, dried sweet cranberries, crunchy roasted pecans, and a tart apple cider vinaigrette.
Usually when I crave a salad I need a lot of warm toppings like roasted potatoes, beans, and quinoa to make it more filling and cozy. But lately I’ve been eating a lot of heavier foods like stews, rice dishes, and pasta. One night I needed to make dinner but I wanted something light but still tasty. Then I made this salad and I’m in love.
I think it’s the best salad I’ve had. It’s fresh, crisp, loaded with vegan bacon, vegan feta, and a very tart yet flavorful apple cider vinaigrette. I usually choose kale for the base of my salads but for this one it has to be spinach. The flavors of the toppings and the spinach complements each other so well. It’s the perfect light and fresh dinner or can be served as a side dish. Enjoy!
What You Will Need For This Vegan Bacon Apple Spinach Salad w/ Apple Cider Vinaigrette
This salad is very simply thrown together but I recommend a blender in order to make the vinaigrette. You could technically place all the ingredients in to a jar and shake vigorously or in a bowl and whisk well but the blender tastes two seconds and is very well incorporated and gets creamy and delicious.
- Vegan Bacon
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Maple Syrup
- Lemon Juice
This recipe is very open to your preferences and likes. I didn’t put measurements on the salad ingredients because a dressed salad like this MUST be served immediately. The dressing however can be kept in the fridge for about 2 weeks. Anything you like or don’t like in this salad can be substituted or left out. As for the dressing, I recommend sticking to the exact ingredients because it is very delicious!
What I Used:
- Vegan Bacon: I love the brand Sweet Earth and that’s what I used here. It’s a seitan based vegan bacon and it’s delicious. I prefer it grilled and crispy but if you don’t have a grill pan, use a normal pan and cook until crisp. Light Life Smart Bacon will also work and Upton’s Naturals has a bacon as well. Or you could use homemade tofu or tempeh bacon.
- Vegan Feta: Violfe Vegan Feta. That’s it. That’s only one you need. It’s so dang good. If you can’t find it, Follow Your Heart has pre-crumbled vegan feta and I think Trader Joes just came out with a new one that I have yet to try but I’m sure will be very good in this salad.
- Apples: I love gala apples and typically pick that one but if you love a tart apple, go with a Granny Smith. Just pick your favorite!
- Roasted Pecans: I almost always choose pre-roasted but you can roast them yourself.
How To Make The Best Vegan Bacon Apple Spinach Salad
Spinach salads don’t keep well when dressed. I highly recommend only making the portions that will be consumed immediately and keeping all the leftover ingredients separate. Store the dressing in an air tight jar and it will keep up to two weeks.
Use a blender to make the dressing to create the creamiest smooth dressing.
More Salad Recipes You Might Like:
- Kale Caesar Salad w/ Grilled Cajun Tofu
- Brussels Sprout & Sweet Potato Salad w/ Maple Mustard Dressing
- Sesame Miso Noodle Salad
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Vegan Bacon Apple Spinach Salad w/ Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt more to taste
- Pinch of Black Pepper
Vegan Bacon Apple Spinach Salad:
- Vegan Bacon
- Diced Apples
- Vegan Feta
- Roasted Pecans
- Dried Cranberries
- Add all the ingredients for the Apple Cider Vinaigrette in to a blender. Blend until smooth. Store in an air tight jar.
- In a large bowl mix together spinach, crispy vegan bacon, diced apple, vegan feta, roasted pecans, dried cranberries, and diced avocado. Pour over as much dressing that is desired and serve. Enjoy!