These Vegan Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Muffins are perfectly crisp on top and soft on the inside with a crunchy sugar topping, poppyseeds, and tons of fresh lemon juice. You’re gonna love these!
These muffins are perfect for those of you who enjoy the crispy sugar topping and a soft inside with tons of bursting blueberries, fresh lemon, and a poppyseed crunch.
What You Will Need For These Vegan Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- All Purpose Flour
- Frozen Blueberry
- Lemon Juice
- All Purpose Flour: This recipe has not been tested with Gluten-Free flour but if you go for it, I recommend a Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour.
- Frozen Blueberries: Use fresh!
How To Make The Best Vegan Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
I’m weird about muffins. I love a crunchy top and texture instead of an overall soft texture. The middle is fluffy and moist but the top is crisp and delicious. If you want the crisp top like mine in the photo, fill 8 muffin liners with a heaping 1/4 cup scoop. This will cause the muffin to fill over the edge and create that crispy top. If you want an overall soft muffin with no crisp top, fill about 10-12 muffin liners 3/4 of the way full. Reduce the baking time a few minutes and keep an eye on them.
Baking them at a high heat of 5 minutes helps left the muffin up and then bakes the center when the temperature is reduced.
More Baking Recipes You Might Like:
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Vegan Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon Poppyseeds
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 2 tablespoons Flaxseed
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 tablespoons Melted Vegan Butter
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Vegan Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Whisk together the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, poppyseeds and frozen blueberries in a large bowl.
- Mix together the flaxseed and water. Set aside to thicken.
- Melt the vegan butter. Whisk the butter with the vegetable oil, organic cane sugar, vegan yogurt, lemon juice, and the flaxseed mixture.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir with a spatula until just combined. Don't over mix. The batter should be on the thicker side.
- Line a muffin tin. Divide the batter with a heaping 1/4 cup to makes 8 larger muffins with a crisp top or make 10-12 soft muffins by filling the liner up 3/4 of the way. See tips & tricks for more information.
- Bake for 5 minutes @ 425F. Turn the heat down to 350F and continue to bake for 25-30 minutes for the larger muffins or 17-20 for smaller ones. When done, they should bounce back when touched and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!