These Vegan Breakfast Tostadas are my new favorite way to start my morning! They are incredibly flavorful and honestly, heaven. This recipe has everything you would want and need in a breakfast. Black beans, just egg, roasted pepper cheese sauce, fresh pico de gallo all on a crispy corn tortilla???!! So good! It's a must try.
Let’s break it down:
These vegan breakfast tostadas come together in just a few simple components. First, make the roasted pepper cheese sauce. This is a must! This cheese sauce adds so much flavor. Don't skip it, trust me! After that, a fresh pico de gallo comes together in minutes along with the Just egg scramble that is just as simple as making an actual egg scramble. Then, we'll mash a can of black beans with a few additional ingredients to make refried beans and fry up some corn tortillas to make the tostada. Build the vegan breakfast tostadas with as much toppings as you'd like including optional additions like avocado slices, cilantro, fresh lime juice, or hot sauce. Super easy and super satisfying. Let's get cooking!
What You Will Need For This Vegan Breakfast Tostadas
Everything in this recipe can be made simply on the stove top so no special equipment required!
- Just Egg
- Black Beans
- Corn Tortillas
- Fresh Pico
- Roasted Red Pepper Cheese
What I Used:
I used my Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Sauce in this recipe because I'm obsessed with it and it works so well with the other components of this tostada.
I couldn't find tostada shells near me so I simply fried corn tortillas which works well but if you're short on time and want to speed up the process, use store-bought!
Just Egg is a delicious plant based egg-like product that is perfect for scrambles, omelets, and baking. You can find this at most grocery stores but if you don't have access, substitute with a simple tofu scramble.
How To Make The Best Vegan Breakfast Tostadas
You can find the Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Sauce recipe here. This recipe takes about 30 minutes but 20 out of the 30 is boiling the cashews. During that time, finish the pico and beans to speed up the process. You can also pre-make the cheese sauce if desired. You'll only need about half of the original recipe but it keeps well in the fridge and tastes great on so much so feel free to make the whole recipe.
More Breakfast Recipes You Might Like:
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Vegan Breakfast Tostadas
Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Sauce:
Refried Black Beans:
- 1 can Black Beans
- ⅓ cup Sweet Onion minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 3-4 tablespoon Water
Just Egg Scramble:
- 1 Bottle Just Egg see note
- Pinch of Black Salt optional
- Black Pepper to taste
Pico de Gallo:
- 3-4 Roma Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Sweet Onion minced
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- ⅓ cup Cilantro chopped finely
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 6 Corn Tortillas fried or baked
- Avocado Slices optional
- Fresh Lime Wedges optional
- Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Sauce: Make the Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Sauce from the recipe linked above in the notes section. This is a recipe on my blog that I've made a bunch of times and it's an absolute must for this recipe. It comes together in less than 30 minutes. 20 minutes of it is boiling cashews. While the cashews are boiling, prep the rest of the toppings.
- Pico de Gallo: Finely dice the roma tomatoes and add to a small bowl along with the minced sweet onion, garlic clove, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix together and set aside.
- Refried Black Beans: Mince the sweet onion and garlic cloves. On medium-high heat with a bit of oil, add the onions and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes or until soft and starting to brown. Add in the drain and rinsed can of black beans along with the salt, black pepper, chili pepper, and cumin. Mix well. Add in the lime juice and water then mash until smooth. It dries out if it sits too long so add splashes of water as needed.
- Just Egg: Add a bit of oil in to a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Shake the bottle of just egg and add to the hot pan. Let sit for a few minutes and then begin pushing the egg from the edges of the pan towards the center. Use a rubber spatula to break up in to a scramble but not crumbly pieces. Cook until the liquid is just cooked through. Do not overcook. Remove from heat and sprinkle with black salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Finishing Touches: Fry the corn tortillas for about 2 minutes until golden brown and crisp on medium-high heat. Alternately, brush with oil and bake at 400F until crisp, about 4 minutes each side. Add the refried black beans on the crispy corn tortilla along with the just egg, a healthy drizzle of roasted red pepper cheese sauce, pico, and any other toppings you desire. I enjoyed avocado slices, extra cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leave a Reply