Serve these Vegan Buffalo Chicken Taquitos at your Super Bowl Party and I'm sure no one will even know they are vegan! We'll be using vegan chicken, buffalo sauce, tofu cream cheese, and homemade ranch then wrapping it in a tortilla and pan-frying until crispy. Uhhhh are you kidding me? SO good and so easy to throw together!
These came to be because I was very low on groceries one day and put together some random ingredients and pan fried them in a tortilla. I decided I liked the idea so much that I wanted to share with you all a great party taquito! What do people love at parties?? Dip.... and maybe buffalo wings... buffalo chicken dip in a taquito? Ok! Honestly, 10/10. I loved it! If you make these for your Super Bowl party, be sure to tag me on instagram. Enjoy!
What You Will Need For These Vegan Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
The beauty of this recipe is that it is so quick and easy to throw together. You truly only need a large bowl and pan.
- Vegan Chicken
- Buffalo Sauce
- Vegan Cream Cheese
- Homemade Ranch
How To Make The Best Taquitos Every Time
Flour tortillas are more durable than corn so these taquitos shouldn't cause any problems when it comes to rolling but I found sticking a tooth pick through helped it from unfolding in the pan.
More Recipes You Might Like:
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Vegan Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Vegan Buffalo Chicken Taquitos:
- 1 8 oz Package Vegan Chicken I used Tofurkey Plant Based Chick'n
- ¼ Cup Buffalo Sauce
- ¼ Cup Vegan Cream Cheese I used Tofutti
- 2 tbsps Homemade Ranch recipe below
- 6 Flour Tortillas
Ranch Dipping Sauce:
- ½ cup Vegan Mayo
- 1-2 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley
- ½-1 tablespoon Green Onion
- 3 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt plus more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Make the Ranch by mincing the garlic, fresh dill, parsley, and green onion. Add to a small bowl along with the vegan mayo, lemon juice, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- Chop the vegan chicken in to small pieces. In a large pan, add 1 teaspoon oil and heat on medium-high. Cook the vegan chicken until heated through and turn slightly golden. Turn off heat.
- Whisk together the vegan cream cheese, hot sauce and 2 tbsps of the ranch dipping sauce. Once combined, add the vegan chicken and toss to coat evenly.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat.
- Add enough oil to cover the base of the pan.
- Add 3 heaping tbsps of filling to one end of each tortilla then roll up tightly. Optional: Stick a toothpick through the taquito to help it stay together.
- Add taquito to the hot pan seam side down for 5-7 minutes or until golden and crispy. Flip and pan-fry on the other side for 4-5 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from pan and set aside on wire rack. Continue until all are done. Remove toothpick. Serve Vegan Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Ranch Dipping Sauce. Enjoy!!
Rachael M. says
I made these for a small Super Bowl party a few months ago and they were gone in a flash! This was also the first time I made my own ranch and I haven't bought store-bought ranch since. Thank you Liv!
These are a hit for my family and friends too!! So glad to hear everyone enjoyed them.
Bruce Standen says
Hi again Liv
Tried these last night...scrumptious. I didn't use bought vegan chicken but made some using the Cajun chicken recipe. I cut the chicken into bit sized pieces, crumbed and pan fried it. It was really special. The two sauces were finger lickin'.... with my son particularly enamored by the ranch dressing. Quite filling too with a fight over who will have the leftovers for lunch. Thanks again.
Yay!! That's amazing! Thank you for trying this recipe and for leaving this kind comment. I'm so happy you all enjoyed! 🙂