I’ve been seeing so many cookie recipes and I really just wanted to join in on the fun! So, here is my recipe for Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches. Growing up, I enjoyed those Oatmeal Cream Pies far too often. These aren’t exactly like that because these days I much prefer a cookie with a crispy edge and soft center.
These chocolate chip oatmeal cookie sandwiches came out just as I imagined with the crisp edge, soft center, and slightly chewy. These are also filled with a sweet cinnamon frosting which makes things even better. The perfect Holiday cookie in my opinion! Serve these at your Christmas or Holiday party and no one will know they are vegan. Enjoy!
What You Will Need For These Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches
- All Purpose Flour
- Chocolate Chips
- Vegan Butter
I don’t recommend substitutions when it comes to baking. One simple change can change the whole recipe. Try any substitutions at your own risk and leave a comment down below if they worked out or not!
How To Make The Best Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches Every Time
Why is my cookie dough dry?
This is common when we over measure the flour. The dough will be too dry and you’ll end up having to add plant milk to bring the dough together which will ruin the texture. To prevent this you’ll want to avoid scooping the flour out of the container or bag with your measuring cup. Simply spoon the flour in to the measuring cup and level it off with a knife. Do not pack the flour in to the cup or bang the cup on the counter. This will make the flour settle and you’ll end up with too much flour.
More Cookie Recipes You Might Like:
- Vegan Ginger Cookies
- Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Salted Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Bites
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!Print
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies:
- 1 cup Vegan Butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup Organic Brown Sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp Molasses, optional
- 2 tbsps Ground Flaxseed
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips, I used Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks
- 1 1/2 Sticks of Vegan Butter (3/4 cups), I used Earth Balance
- 3 cups Organic Powdered Sugar
- 2–3 tbsps Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make a flax egg by mixing together the flaxseed and water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, cream the room temperature butter. Add the brown sugar. Keep mixing until the butter is thick and creamy.
- Then, add in the molasses and flax egg. Mix on low.
- Whisk together the all purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the creamed butter mixture. Once combined, turn off mixer.
- With a spatula, mix in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Line 2-3 baking trays. You will probably need to bake 2-3 batches depending on how big your baking tray is.
- Using a large cookie scoop or measuring cup, scoop out 3-4 tbsps of cookie dough and roll in to a ball. Place on baking sheet and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand. Continue with the rest of the dough, leaving about 3in between each cookie. For smaller cookie sandwiches, use 2 tbsps of cookie dough.
- Bake cookies for 15-17 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges but still soft in the center.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
- When the cookies are cool, start on the frosting.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, cream the room temperature butter. Slowly add in the powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and the non-dairy milk. Turn off mixer once the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Use a piping bag or a spatula to spread on an even layer of frosting to one side of the cookie and place another cookie on top creating the sandwich.
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches