So the other day my grocery store was having a sale on a ton of vegan products that I usually don’t buy. But I couldn’t resist so I grabbed a bag of the Gardein Chick’n Scallopini. I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with them and then this came to mind! Introducing the Vegan Coconut Crusted Chicken Sandwich w/ Pineapple Aioli! My boyfriend mentioned serving it on bread with a pineapple aioli then I decided to take it one step further and bread it in coconut shreds. And it turned out so good that I just had to share it with you!
This Vegan Coconut Crusted Chicken Sandwich w/ Pineapple Aioli is sweet from the pineapple and slightly spicy from the jalapeño. It’s so flavorful, fresh, and delicious! My boyfriend told me this was a 10/10! It also happens to be incredibly easy and quick.
What You Will Need For This Vegan Coconut Crusted Chicken Sandwich
- Vegan Chicken from Gardein
- Shredded Coconut
What I Used:
I chose to use store bought vegan chicken from Gardein for this but you can use homemade vegan chicken or pressed tofu. Also, you’re going to need to use Canned Pineapple for this that is soaked in juice not syrup. We will be using the pineapple and the juice in this recipe.
How To Make The Best Vegan Coconut Crusted Chicken Sandwich w/ Pineapple Aioli Every Time
Make sure you get pineapple rings from a can that are in juice not syrup. I love fresh pineapple but for this recipe we need the juice and the actual pineapple and canned is just far more convenient.
More Sandwich Recipes You Might Like:
- Vegan Roast Beef Po’Boy
- Vegan Steak Sandwich w/ Gouda & Arugula
- Roasted Vegetable Sandwich w/ Tofu Ricotta
- Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich w/ Vegan Bleu Cheese Dressing
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Vegan Coconut Crusted Chicken Sandwich w/ Pineapple Aioli
- 4 Vegan Chicken Patties I used Gardein Chick’n Scallopini
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Pineapple Juice from canned Pineapple
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/2 cup Vegan Mayo I used Follow Your Heart
- 1/4 cup Minced Pineapple use pineapple rings from a can
- 2 tbsps Minced Fresh Jalapeño seeds removed
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Pineapple Juice use pineapple rings from a can
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Fresh Black Pepper to taste
- 4 Vegan Hamburger Buns or bread of choice
- Green Leaf Lettuce enough for 4 burgers
- A Few Slices of Red Onion
- Pickled or Fresh Jalapeño sliced
- 4 Pineapple Rings from a Can
- First, make the Pineapple Aioli by finely chopping the pineapple and jalapeño. Add the pineapple, jalapeño, vegan mayo, lemon juice, pineapple juice, salt, and pepper to a bowl and combine well. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- If your vegan chicken patties are frozen, heat them up on a stovetop for a few minutes. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, add the coconut shreds. In another shallow bowl add the flour, seasonings, pineapple juice, and non-dairy milk. Whisk until well combined.
- Heat a large pan to medium-high. Add enough oil to cover the base of the pan.
- Dip the vegan chicken patties in to the wet mixture then straight in to the shredded coconut. Fry for 2-3 minutes per side or until coconut is golden brown. Remove and set aside on a wire rack. Turn down heat as needed. Continue until all vegan chicken patties have been coated and fried.
- Heat another pan on medium-high and place 4 of the pineapple rings on it until they release juice and then start to get slightly caramelized.
- Heat the hamburger buns in the oven, wash the lettuce, and slice the red onion and jalapeño.
- Assemble your sandwiches by place a spoonful of aioli on the bottom half of the bun followed by the lettuce, fried vegan chicken patty, red onion, pineapple ring, jalapeño, and more aioli. Serve with side dish of your choice. Enjoy!