I’m so excited about this Vegan Coconut Lemon Tart w/ Raspberry Chia Jam because not only does it contain tons of healthy ingredients, it’s oil-free, gluten-free, and lower in sugar! I never was really down for “healthy desserts” but recently I’ve been trying to eat healthier and wanted to experiment with some sweet treats. Well, this does not taste like a healthy dessert! This Vegan Coconut Lemon Tart w/ Raspberry Chia Jam has a sweet filling that is perfectly paired with the tartness of the lemon and raspberries.
Is this a No Bake Tart?
The crust needs to be baked for 15 minutes. Other than that, no more oven time!
What You Will Need For This Coconut Lemon Tart?
You definitely need a high speed blender for this recipe. A food processor comes in handy when it comes to making the crust but that can also be done in the blender as well.
- Coconut Shreds
- Chia Seeds
I suggest making your own coconut butter if you have a high-speed blender. Pre-made Coconut Butter is very expensive and SO easy to just make yourself. But definitely buy it if you’re up for that for a shortcut.
How To Make The Best Coconut Lemon Tart Every Time
Coconut butter takes some work to make. You must have a high speed blender to make it work. Scrap down the sides of the blender and just keep blending. It’ll take about 10-15 minutes.
The filling will need to set in the fridge for roughly 4-5 hours but I prefer chilling it overnight.
The jam takes just a few moments on the stove top and then left to cool. The jam can be made day-of or left overnight in the fridge.
You’ll need a tart pan for this recipe. I used a 9.5in Tart Pan from Sur La Table. It’s an affordable pan and worth the money because then you can make my Chocolate Chip Cookie Tart, too! But if you don’t have the tart pan, get creative!
More Recipes You Might Like:
- Salted Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Bites
- Chocolate Chip Espresso Scones
- Vegan Ginger Cookies
- Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!Print
I’m so excited about this vegan coconut lemon tart w/ raspberry chia jam because not only does it contain tons of healthy ingredients, it’s oil-free, gluten-free, and lower in sugar! I never was really down for “healthy desserts” but recently I’ve been trying to eat healthier and wanted to experiment with some sweet treats. Well, this does not taste like a healthy dessert! This Vegan Coconut Lemon Tart w/ Raspberry Chia Jam has a sweet filling that is perfectly paired with the tartness of the lemon and raspberries.
- 3 cups Unsweetened Coconut Shreds
- 3/4 cup Coconut Shreds
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 3/4 cup Oats, or gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup Coconut Butter, recipe above
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup or Agave Syrup
- Pinch of Salt
- 3/4 cup Cashews, soaked or boiled for 15 minutes
- 6 tbsps Maple Syrup or Agave
- 1/4 cup Coconut Butter, recipe above
- 1 cup Canned Coconut Cream, not coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1 Lemon
Raspberry Chia Jam:
- 12oz Bag of Frozen Raspberries
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup or Agave Syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Pinch of Salt
- Make the Coconut Butter: Add the unsweetened coconut shreds to a high speed blender. Blend on high until smooth. This might take between 5 to 15 minutes depending on your blender. Stop the blender every couple of minutes and scrap down sides. If your coconut isn’t turning in to butter after about 10-15 minutes, your machine isn’t powerful enough.
- Make the Crust: Preheat oven to 350F
- Add the coconut shreds, cashews, and oats to a food processor and pulse until mixture is fine. Add the maple syrup, the coconut butter, and pinch of salt to the crust mixture and pulse a few more times until combined.
- Lightly grease the tart pan and press the crust evenly on the bottom and sides.
- Bake your tart crust for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Make the Filling: Add your soaked cashews, maple syrup, coconut butter, coconut cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest in to the high speed blender. Blend until completely smooth. When you rub the filling between 2 fingers it shouldn’t have any texture.
- Once smooth, pour the filling in the crust. Carefully transfer the tart to the fridge and chill until completely set. About 4-5 hours minimum.
- Make the Raspberry Chia Jam: In a medium-sized pot, add the bag of frozen raspberries. Heat on medium heat until the raspberries are no longer frozen. Then, add the agave and chia seeds. Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce to low. Simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat, remove lid, and set aside to cool. After jam is cool, transfer to jar and place in the fridge until ready to serve. The jam will thicken as it sits.
- Assemble + Serve: Once the lemon filling has completely set, serve your tart with the jam on the side or spread an even layer on the top. I chose to spread the jam all across the top because it’s delicious and the more the better! Slice and Enjoy!
Use a high speed blender for the coconut butter and just keep blending. It’ll get there!
Keywords: Vegan Coconut Lemon Tart w/ Raspberry Chia Jam, No Bake Tart, Lemon Tart, Coconut Lemon Tart, Raspberry Chia Jam