This Vegan Salted Caramel Latte is the perfect way to welcome FALL! OK, it’s not fall yet but I’m manifesting cooler weather. This Salted Caramel Latte seems like an overly sweet treat but it’s really not. This isn’t Starbucks. You are in total control of the sweetness. Add more caramel or less. Skip the drizzle. Whatever you do, don’t skip the salt. It’s the most important part but definitely don’t add as much as I did! It was for the picture and was scooped out in case you were worried about my sodium levels. Just kidding. But really, add a healthy pinch. It’s delicious. Make this Vegan Salted Caramel Latte the next time you have a couple extra minutes to curl up in bed with a hot cup of coffee. You deserve it.
Servings: Store leftovers in air tight jar in the fridge for 3-4 weeks
- 1/4 cup Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup Organic White Sugar
- 3/4 cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Servings: 1 latte
- 4oz Strong Brewed Coffee
- 1/2 cup Non-Dairy Milk, I recommend Oatly
- 1-3 tbsps Caramel Sauce
- Pinch of Salt
- Make the caramel: Melt the vegan butter on medium heat. Add sugar and coconut milk. Mix until smooth and sugar is incorporated. Once it starts to bubble, whisk constantly for 7-10 minutes or until golden in color and thick. Then, remove from heat. Add salt and set aside to cool.
- Brew 4oz of strong coffee.
- Heat up 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk on low heat until warm. Whisk in 1-3 tbsps of the caramel sauce depending on how sweet you want it.
- Froth the milk, optional depending if you have the tools but recommend.
- Add the frothed milk to the coffee. Drizzle with a good amount of the caramel sauce and sprinkle a pinch of coarse salt over the top.
- Store leftover caramel in an airtight jar in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.
SAVE FOR LATER? Pin it on Pinterest!