These spiced vegan waffles are delicious and perfect for Sunday brunch. They aren't overly sweet, perfectly spiced, crispy on the outside yet fluffy on the inside. Get yourself a large stack, fresh fruit, a cup of coffee and enjoy!
Something so comforting about a Sunday morning where the sun shines through the blinds, coffee is brewing, and a big stack of spiced vegan waffles with maple syrup is in front of me. I absolutely love waffles but don't make them nearly enough. Pancakes are easier but waffles are just way more satisfying to me. I love when the grooves get filled with butter and maple syrup. Waffles hold up and are more crisp where a pancake would get soggy from the syrup pretty fast. Both have a time and a place but if we were in battle right now, waffles are the winner in my opinion. What do you think? Pancakes or waffles?
I use a dash mini waffle maker. You can buy this mini waffle maker online, target, or Walmart. They are super inexpensive and take up very little space. They make "eggo" style waffles that are so cute! If you have a different waffle maker, use that!! Just note that this makes 8-10 mini waffles.
- All Purpose Four
- Spices like Cinnamon, Nutmeg, All Spice, & Ginger
- Plant Milk
- Ground Flaxseed
- Maple Syrup
- All Purpose Flour: Haven't tried this personally but all purpose gluten free flour would probably work in this recipe. Let me know below if you try this!
- Flaxseed: Ground chia seeds will also work.
- Melted Vegan Butter: Can be subbed with vegetable oil or any other neutral oil.
How To Make The Best Waffles Every Time
Don't over mix the batter. Use a spatula and stir until no raw flour is visible, a few lumps is fine. Stop mixing once combined.
I always ignore the light on the waffle maker and go by the steam. Once the steam stops, the waffle is done. You’ll know the waffles are done when they are lightly golden brown and crisp. Place cooked waffles on a wire rack while the rest cook so they don't get soggy.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Vegan French Toast with Just Egg
- Easy Homemade Vegan Bagels
- Quick & Easy Fluffy Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes
Spiced Vegan Waffles
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon All Spice
- ¼ teaspoon Ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon Cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ cup Unsweetened Plant Milk
- 3 tablespoon Melted Vegan Butter
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Ground Flaxseed
- Maple Syrup for serving
- Whisk together the all purpose flour, baking powder, organic cane sugar, spices and salt in to a large bowl.
- Whisk together the plant milk, melted vegan butter, apple cider vinegar, and ground flaxseed in a separate bowl. Pour the wet mixture in to the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Heat up and grease your waffle iron. Add a heaping ¼ cup of batter to the mini waffle maker. Cook until the steam stops. I typically ignore the light on the waffle maker and go by looking at the steam but you know your waffle maker best. You’ll know the waffles are done when they are lightly golden brown and crisp. This recipe makes 8-10 waffles in the Dash mini waffle maker. When each waffle is done, place it on a wire rack so they don’t become soggy.
- Serve with toppings of choice and warm maple syrup. Enjoy!