What You Will Need For This Vegan Strawberry Shortcake
- All Purpose Flour
- Vegan Butter
- Vegan Coconut Whip
What I Used:
I used the Coco Whip from So Delicious but any vegan whipped cream you can find will work or you could make your own with chilled canned coconut milk.
How To Make The Best Strawberry Shortcake Every Time
Work fast when making the biscuit dough. You don't want to mess around with it too much or the butter will melt. We want the butter to be cold because that's what's going to make the biscuit flaky and delicious.
More Sweet Recipes You Might Like
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 tbsps Organic Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ cup Cold Vegan Butter I use earth balance
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cups Strawberries sliced
- 1 ½ tbsps Organic Sugar
- Coconut Whip Cream I used the So Delicious brand
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- Mix the butter into the dry ingredients. Crumble until pea-sized shapes. I use my hands for this but move fairly quickly so butter doesn't melt.
- Next, add the almond milk in to the flour mixture and stir with wooden spoon until dough comes together (might be a bit crumbly at this point). Use your hands and knead the dough until the dough comes together in to a smooth ball.
- Transfer the dough to a clean lightly floured surface. Pan down with your hands until it's about 2 inches thick.
- Now, take your 3.5IN cookie cutter and cut out 3 large biscuits. Don't twist the cookie cutter, push straight down and pull up.
- Sprinkle top of biscuits with sugar and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and firm. If you made smaller biscuits instead of the 3 large ones, adjust baking time. Try 15 minutes.
- Let biscuits cool completely before assembling.
- Slice strawberries and place in a bowl. Add sugar and stir. Set aside while biscuits bake and cool.
- When biscuits are cool, slice them in half. Place a generous amount of strawberries in the center and top with coconut whip cream. Put the top of the biscuit back on and top it off with even more whip cream and strawberries.