You're going to love these Vegetable Fritters w/ Tzatziki Sauce! This recipe is super simple, crisp, fresh, colorful and so dang good! Don't forget to dip each fritter in a light and fresh vegan tzatziki sauce. It's a must!
These crispy vegetable fritters w/ tzatziki sauce are packed with broccoli, carrots, and zucchini along with fresh herbs like parsley and chives. It's the perfect dish to share with friends as an appetizer, as a snack, or even main entree.
Let’s break it down:
This dish comes together very simply. Let's break it down! First, grate the zucchini. Zucchini holds a lot of excess water so be sure to add it to a cheesecloth or clean dish towel and squeeze the water out. Grate carrots and chop the broccoli, scallions, chives and parsley. Mix together. In a separate bowl, whisk together the spices and flour along with the plant milk. Add this mixture to the chopped veggies and fry until crisp! Whip up a quick fresh tzatziki sauce (recipe linked below) and serve. Simple yet so delicious!
What You Will Need For These Vegetable Fritters w/ Tzatziki Sauce
The beauty of this recipe is how simple it is! All you need is a large bowl and pan to fry them in!
- GF All Purpose Flour
Vegan Tzatziki Sauce:
Tzatziki Sauce recipe can be found on the blog post for my Vegan Seitan Gyro. The sauce is just a few ingredients and only takes a few minutes to whip together. It's a must for this recipe!
- GF All Purpose Flour: This recipe is gluten free but will also work with All Purpose Flour.
- Any of the vegetables can be subbed for other things but honestly, I don't recommend it. They are incredibly delicious as is!
How To Make The Best Vegetable Fritters w/ Tzatziki Sauce
Squeezing the water out of the zucchini is very important. Use a clean dish towel or a cheesecloth and squeeze as hard as you can to remove the water.
All the vegetables should be very finely chopped and grated so the fritters hold together properly.
More Recipes You Might Like:
If you make this recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Vegetable Fritters w/ Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 Medium Zucchini grated
- 2 Medium Carrots grated
- 1 cup Broccoli finely chopped
- 3 Scallions green parts only
- 2 tablespoon Chives
- 2 tablespoon Parsley
- ⅔ cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ⅔ cup Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Vegan Tzatziki Sauce
- Make the tzatziki sauce ahead of time and place in fridge until the vegetable fritters are ready to be served. Recipe linked above.
- Grate zucchini and squeeze out as much water as possible using a cheesecloth or clean dish towel. Add zucchini to a large bowl.
- Grate the carrots, finely chop the broccoli, scallions, chives and parsley. Add to the large bowl along with the zucchini.
- In a small bowl whisk together the gluten-free flour, nutritional yeast, salt, black pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper and the unsweetened non-dairy milk.
- Add the flour mixture to the vegetable mixture and stir together until it's well combined and all the vegetables are coated in the batter.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high and fill the base of the pan with vegetable oil. Once hot, add a heaping ¼ cup of the batter to the pan and use the back of the scoop to gently pat it down in to a patty shape. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Flip and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and continue cooking until all 8 fritters have been fried.
- Serve the vegetable fritters with vegan tzatziki sauce. Enjoy!