You’re going to love these Vegetable Fritters w/ Tzatziki Sauce! This recipe is super simple, crisp, fresh, colorful and so dang good! Don’t forget to dip each fritter in a light and fresh vegan tzatziki sauce. It’s a must!
These crispy vegetable fritters w/ tzatziki sauce are packed with broccoli, carrots, and zucchini along with fresh herbs like parsley and chives. It’s the perfect dish to share with friends as an appetizer, as a snack, or even main entree.
Let’s break it down:
This dish comes together very simply. Let’s break it down! First, grate the zucchini. Zucchini holds a lot of excess water so be sure to add it to a cheesecloth or clean dish towel and squeeze the water out. Grate carrots and chop the broccoli, scallions, chives and parsley. Mix together. In a separate bowl, whisk together the spices and flour along with the plant milk. Add this mixture to the chopped veggies and fry until crisp! Whip up a quick fresh tzatziki sauce (recipe linked below) and serve. Simple yet so delicious!
Vegan Tzatziki Sauce:
- Tzatziki Sauce recipe can be found on the blog post for my Vegan Seitan Gyro. The sauce is just a few ingredients and only takes a few minutes to whip together. It’s a must for this recipe!
If you make this recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Vegetable Fritters w/ Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 Medium Zucchini, grated
- 2 Medium Carrots, grated
- 1 cup Broccoli, finely chopped
- 3 Scallions, green parts only
- 2 TBSP Chives
- 2 TBSP Parsley
- 2/3 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 TBSP Nutritional Yeast
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1/2 TSP Black Pepper
- 1/4 TSP Cumin
- 1/4 TSP Cayenne Pepper
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
- Vegan Tzatziki Sauce, recipe linked above
- Make the tzatziki sauce ahead of time and place in fridge until the vegetable fritters are ready to be served. Recipe linked above.
- Grate zucchini and squeeze out as much water as possible using a cheesecloth or clean dish towel. Add zucchini to a large bowl.
- Grate the carrots, finely chop the broccoli, scallions, chives and parsley. Add to the large bowl along with the zucchini.
- In a small bowl whisk together the gluten-free flour, nutritional yeast, salt, black pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper and the unsweetened non-dairy milk.
- Add the flour mixture to the vegetable mixture and stir together until it’s well combined and all the vegetables are coated in the batter.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high and fill the base of the pan with vegetable oil. Once hot, add a heaping 1/4 cup of the batter to the pan and use the back of the scoop to gently pat it down in to a patty shape. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Flip and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and continue cooking until all 8 fritters have been fried.
- Serve the vegetable fritters with vegan tzatziki sauce. Enjoy!