Daniel and I don’t love pumpkin or apple pie. With the exception of my recipe for Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake, of course. That one is incredibly delicious. But that doesn’t matter because today I’m sharing with you a dessert recipe that is better than any apple or pumpkin tart or pie EVER. A Chocolate Chip Cookie Tart. This isn’t just a cookie in a tart crust. It is so much more than that. It’s an extra gooey cookie that tastes almost like caramel with walnuts and chocolate chips. This Chocolate Chip Cookie Tart is rich, chocolatey, and pure heaven especially when served with vanilla ice cream.
I got this idea because my grandma used to make a non-vegan version of this in a pie crust during Thanksgiving and Christmas and even for my mom on her birthday! My grandma has since passed and my family hasn’t had this chocolate chip pie in a while. I asked my mom for my grandmas recipe and I can’t wait to share with my mom my vegan version of her favorite dessert! But first, I’m sharing it with you guys. This recipe is special to me and I really hope you get a chance to make it for your families during this Holiday season. Enjoy!
What You Will Need For This Chocolate Chip Cookie Tart
I used a 9.5in tart pan from Sur La Table but if your tart pan is a bit bigger, that’s fine! But I wouldn’t go any smaller or you’d have to use less cookie filling.
A Kitchen Aid stand mixer or a hand mixer comes in handy here as well because we are whipping aquafaba.
- All Purpose Flour
- Powdered Sugar
- Vegan Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Chopped Walnuts
- Mini Vegan Chocolate Chips
I don’t recommend substitutions when it comes to baking. One simple change can change the whole recipe. Try any substitutions at your own risk and leave a comment down below if they worked out or not!
How To Make The Best Cookie Tart Every Time
Wipe the aquafaba until stiff peaks form and then it will collapse when the remaining ingredients are folded in but this helps create the caramel-like filling.
More Cookie Recipes You Might Like:
- Salted Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Bites
- Vegan Ginger Cookies
- Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!Print
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter, cold
- 5–6 tbsps Soy Milk, or any non-dairy milk
Chocolate Chip Filling:
- 6 tbsps Aquafaba, water from a can of chickpeas
- 1/8 tsp Cream of Tartar, optional
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, or more vegan butter
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup Mini Vegan Chocolate Chips, I used Enjoy Life
- Make the tart by placing the all purpose flour, powdered sugar, and salt in to a food processor. Pulse a few times until well combined. Add the cold vegan butter in tbsp sized pieces and pulse until crumbly. Next, add in the non-dairy milk tbsp by tbsp and pulse until the dough gathers itself into a ball and cleans the sides of the food processor. Gather the dough in to a ball and wrap in cling wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, place the dough in the middle of a large piece of parchment and lightly flour a rolling pin. Roll out the dough until it’s about 1/8in thick.
- Gently press the rolled dough in to the tart pan and trim away the excess by rolling the rolling pin over the edges. Place the tart pan in to the freezer until the filling is ready. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt the vegan butter and coconut oil over low heat and set aside to cool off.
- Beat the aquafaba and cream of tartar in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until firm peaks form. Turn down mixer to low and slowly add in the all purpose flour, organic cane sugar, organic brown sugar, and salt. Add in the cooled butter-oil mixture until just combined. You should be left with a mixture that resembles caramel.
- Next, gently fold in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts with a spatula.
- Pour cookie mixture in to the chilled tart crust and bake for 1 hour. Let cool before serving.
- Remove tart from pan and serve with Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream or Coconut Whip Cream! Enjoy!
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Cookie Tart, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Tart