I've got your new favorite holiday cookie recipe ready for ya.... Vegan Ginger Cookie Sandwiches w/ Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting! Sweet and wonderfully spiced. You gotta try this one!
I love a good cookie sandwich. Cookies are my number 1 go-to dessert! I I love frosting and a chewy cookie.. It's a match made in heaven. These cookies are chewy and soft and perfectly sweet and delicious. And do I even need to tell you about the spiced cream cheese frosting? It really sells itself. The mix of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and all spice goes beautifully with the tart cream cheese and the sweet powdered sugar.
These chewy ginger molasses cookies and the spiced cream cheese frosting are a dream when paired together and the perfect dessert to serve at your holiday party or if you want to do a little late night baking while putting up the Christmas tree. I hope you enjoy these Vegan Ginger Cookie Sandwiches w/ Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting.
What You Will Need For These Ginger Cookie Sandwiches
You will need a stand or hand mixer. A Kitchen Aid mixer will make this recipe incredibly easy and quick to whip together. The cookies can be easily made by hand but just make sure you cream the butter with a fork before adding the other ingredients. As for the frosting, it can be done but will take a little more time to become to light and fluffy.
- All Purpose Flour
- Ground Ginger
- Vegan Cream Cheese
- Vegan Butter
Products I Used & Recommend:
- Vegan Cream Cheese: I use and love Tofutti cream cheese but any vegan plain cream cheese will work well.
- Vegan Butter: I use and recommend Earth Balance.
- Organic Cane Sugar: I love and recommend Florida Crystals.
When it comes to baking, I don't recommend substituting anything. I have only tested the recipe the way it is and can't confirm that changes will yield the same result.
How To Make The Best Cookies Every Time
Be sure not to over measure the flour. The dough will be dry and you’ll end up having to add plant milk to bring the dough together which will ruin the texture. Do not scoop the flour out of the container or bag with your measuring cup, simply spoon the flour in to the measuring cup and level it off with a knife. Do not pack the flour in to the cup or bang the cup on the counter. This will make the flour settle and you’ll end up with too much flour.
Chilling the dough for at least 30 minutes is VERY important. An un-chilled cookie dough will spread too much and be very flat and crispy. A chilled dough will create a crisp and chewy cookie.
Banging the cookie tray on the counter when they come out of the oven will help create the perfect chewy crinkle texture. This step is not to be missed!
More Cookie Recipes You Might Like:
- Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Tart
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Vegan Ginger Cookie Sandwiches w/ Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
Vegan Ginger Cookies:
- ½ cup Vegan Butter Room Temperature
- ¾ cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Molasses
- 2 tablespoons Ground Flaxseed mixed with ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ⅓ cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Vegan Butter
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon All Spice
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- In a small bowl whisk together the ground flaxseed and ¼ cup water. Set aside to thicken, about 3-5 minutes.
- Cream the room temperature vegan butter in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer. Add in the organic cane sugar and molasses. Once creamed together, add in the flax mixture.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the spooned and leveled all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Slowly add the dry ingredients in to the mixer until dough is combined. Don't over mix. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Roll the dough in to balls using 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie. Place on a parchment lined baking tray and flatten the ball down just a bit using the palm of your hand. Continue until you have 18-20 cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Bang the cookie tray on the counter a couple of times to flatten and then let them cool completely before making the frosting.
- Add the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Whip on high until soft and fluffy. Turn the speed down and slowly add in the spices and powdered sugar. Continue to whip until light and fluffy.
- Put a scoop of frosting in the middle of half of the cookies and smush down with the other to create a cute little ginger sandwich. Serve and enjoy!