A traditional Whiskey Sour starts with good quality whiskey, lemon juice, sugar and sometimes egg whites for a nice foam on top. Today, I'm going to show you a fall inspired version of the classic whiskey sour but VEGAN with added apple juice and cinnamon and an aquafaba foam. This drink is perfectly spiced, sweet, and sour. It's a winning combination! Kind of like an apple pie flavored cocktail. Yum!!
I recently sort of, kinda became a bartender randomly. It has been pretty fun learning about alcohol and crafting drinks. This job has given me a new outlook on crafting cocktails and how it really can be an art form. I'm not much of a drinker but I love to have a nice cocktail every once in a while. I'm thinking of making this a series on my YouTube. Maybe I'll share a nice cocktail once a month? Let me know what you think about that!
What You Will Need For This Cinnamon Apple Whiskey Sour
For this cocktail, you will definitely need a cocktail shaker. I use one from Target but I won't link it here because it leaks every time without fail and I've been meaning to upgrade. This one from Crate & Barrel is the one I'll get next!
- Knob Creek Rye Whiskey
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Apple Juice
- Knob Creek Rye Whiskey: Knob Creek is my favorite whiskey for this drink but any good quality bourbon will work for this.
- Apple Juice: You can substitute the apple juice with apple cider. I originally wanted to use apple cider in my recipe but my local store didn't have any. Either will work as they are very similar.
- Brown Sugar Syrup: Can easily be replaced with maple syrup or agave.
How To Make The Best Whiskey Sour
Typical Whiskey Sours have egg whites in them to create a foam on top. This can EASILY be replaced by using aquafaba. Shaking all the ingredients in the cocktail shaker without ice first with create the perfect aquafaba foam. Then, we'll add the ice and shake again to chill.
Whiskey Sours can be served straight up without ice or on the rocks. If you're serving over ice, I would recommend getting one of these ice cube trays as a big ice cube will melt slower and won't water down your drink.
More Cocktail Recipes You Might Like:
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Cinnamon Apple Whiskey Sour
Brown Sugar Syrup(3-4 Servings):
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Water
Cinnamon Apple Whiskey Sour (Makes 1):
- 2 ounces Knob Creek Rye Whiskey
- ¾ ounces Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ ounces Apple Juice
- 1 ounce Aquafaba liquid from a can of chickpeas
- ½ - ¾ ounces Brown Sugar Syrup
- Heavy Pinch of Cinnamon
- Ice for shaking and serving
- Combine the brown sugar and water in a small pot on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 3 minutes. Take off heat and pour in a jar. Let cool completely.
- Add the whiskey, lemon juice, apple juice, aquafaba, brown sugar syrup, and a pinch of cinnamon in to a cocktail shaker. Don't add ice yet. Shake vigorously.
- Then, add ice and shake once more to chill. Strain in to a rock glass and garnish with apple slices or a lemon wedge. Enjoy responsibly!