This Cranberry Mint Mojito will be the hit of the Holiday party. It's tart, fresh, minty, and festive! It also happens to be incredibly easy to whip up.
My cocktail of choice this year is this delicious Cranberry Mint Mojito. It also helps that this drink is super simple to make so you can enjoy your small party instead of playing bartender all night.
Simply muddle the cranberries and mint, pour in the ingredients, shake and serve. Make this for your at-home Christmas Gathering or New Year's Eve party and I'm sure it'll be a hit. Enjoy!
For this cocktail recipe, a cocktail shaker is useful but optional. You could also use a jar with a lid with the same end result. A jigger and a muddler are also important when making cocktails.
You want to make sure the measurements are correct so if you don't have a jigger, use a measuring cup that has ounces on it. I use one like this. Muddlers are fairly inexpensive and can be found in most stores. I got mine at Target.
- Cranberries, classic holiday favorite
- Mint, a mojito isn't a mojito without mint
- White Rum, use your favorite. I used Bacardi Silver Rum
- Simple Syrup
- Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice, only ever use fresh!!
- Club Soda, to balance out the flavors and give a nice fizz
- Muddled fresh raspberries to create a delicious raspberry mint mojito. Blueberries, Strawberries, or Blackberries would also be good.
- Go classic. A classic mint mojito is so damn good. Simply leave out the cranberries.
- Pomegranate mint mojito. Use pomegranate juice and garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
- Contradicting myself here but maybe take out the mint and replace it with basil to make a basil mojito!!
Tips & Tricks
Use clear or white rum for a classic mojito! Use whatever brand is your favorite. I used Bacardi White Rum.
It's very tempting to muddle the mint to death but that won't make your mojito any more delicious. It'll actually be WAY better if you muddle the mint for just a few seconds to release the natural oils.
You can choose to customize this to create your favorite mojito. If you love more lime, add more lime. If you like sweet drinks, add more sugar! I find 1 ounce of simple syrup to be the perfect amount for me.
Top off the drink with sparkling water or club soda to create a nice fizz and to balance out the flavors. If you're feeling fancy, use flavored sparkling water! Lime, cranberry, or another fruity flavor would be very good.
Always strain the mojito into a new glass filled with ice instead of dumping the muddled ingredients into the cup. It will be too chunky and not super pleasant with all the muddled cranberry pieces. I like to add a few fresh cranberries, mint, and lime slices as a garnish instead.
More Cocktail Recipes You Might Like:
Cranberry Mint Mojito
Simple Syrup (Makes 8+ Serving):
- 1 cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 cup Water
Cranberry Mint Mojito (Makes 1 Serving):
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Cranberries
- 6-7 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 ounces White Rum
- 1 ounce Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- ½ to 1 ounce Simple Syrup
- Club Soda or Sparkling Water
- Make the Simple Syrup: Combine the sugar and water in a small pot and simmer until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Make the Cranberry Mint Mojito: Add the fresh cranberries to the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle until the cranberries have bursted. Toss in the mint and muddle for just a few seconds to release the oils. Don't muddle the mint so much that it breaks apart. Add in the white rum, fresh lime juice, and simple syrup to the cocktail shaker along with a handful of ice. Shake vigorously for a few seconds and then strain in to a glass filled with ice. Top off with club soda and garnish with a few cranberries, slices of lime, and fresh mint. Enjoy!