This is the best corn salsa for loading on top of burrito bowls, tacos, nachos or fajitas! This chipotle copycat corn salsa recipe comes together in just a few minutes and is refreshing, vibrant, and full of flavor.
Learn how to make the best Chipotle copycat corn salsa in just a few simple steps!
This Chipotle inspired corn salsa is loaded up with fresh flavors and tangy lime juice! It's absolutely perfect for loading onto burrito bowls, nachos, or tacos! Chipotle includes roasted chili in their corn salsa so adding a roasted poblano pepper is a great addition if you want to make this more authentic.
- Fresh Corn
- Red Onion
- Red Bell Peppers
- Lime Juice
- Fresh Corn: I love freshly cut corn off the cob but frozen and thawed works well too. If you have the time to do fresh, it's recommended.
- Red Onion: When served raw red onion has a slight mild spicy and it is absolutely delicious when paired with the sweet corn.
- Jalapeño: For a hint of heat. I like to add some of the seeds.
- Lime Juice: For acidity and what's a salsa without lime?
- Cilantro: If you don't like cilantro, we can't be friends. Just kidding but seriously, cilantro is delicious and I can't eat a salsa without it.
How to Cook Corn
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Remove the husk from the corn cob and add to the boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes. Drain and run over cold water until cool to the touch. Use a sharp knife and cut the kernels off the cob. Proceed with the recipe.
How to Thaw Frozen Corn:
Remove corn from package and place in a strainer. Run until cool water until thawed. Add to a bowl and proceed with the recipe.
Recipe Tips & Variations
- Add roasted poblano pepper. This is traditionally in Chipotle's Corn Salsa but I left it out of mine and added red bell peppers.
- Make it spicier by adding some of the seeds from the jalapeño. If you want it even spicer, add habanero pepper or serrano chilis with the seeds.
- Use roasted or grilled corn. Use a grill pan or pre-roasted frozen corn.
How to Serve Corn Salsa
Make a burrito bowl or tacos by using my Vegan Chicken Seitan and tossing it in chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, maple syrup and seasonings like paprika, garlic, and onion for a really tasty spicy protein serve with Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans. Add fajita veggies by sautéing onions, red bell peppers, and green bell peppers, and top it off with this delicious chipotle copycat corn salsa!
More Chipotle Copycat Recipes:
- Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice (Rice Cooker Method!)
- The Best Chipotle Copycat Black Beans
- Tomatillo Green Chili Salsa
Frequently Asked Questions
Chipotle uses frozen corn, roasted poblano peppers, cilantro, jalapeños, red onion, and citrus juice. Chipotle Roasted Chili Corn Salsa is what inspired this recipe but I took a shortcut and didn't include the poblano pepper- I recommend adding it to make it more authentic roasted chipotle-style corn salsa.
Yes, but you'll want it to soak a bit before enjoying. Boiling the fresh corn just tastes a few minutes so I highly recommend it.
You can stand it straight up but the corn kernels will start flying everywhere so I typically lay it down and cut the sides and then rotate and cut again.
More Recipes You Might Like:
- Chipotle Tofu Fajita Burrito Bowl
- Crispy Cheesy Black Bean & Potato Tacos
- Roasted Vegetable & Black Bean Enchiladas
- Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Sauce
- The Best Chipotle Copycat Black Beans
If You Make This Recipe:
I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below and leave a star rating. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
The Best Corn Salsa (Chipotle Copycat)
- Roughly 2 cups Fresh Corn
- ½ cup Red Onion finely minced
- ¼ cup Red Bell Peppers finely minced
- 1 Small Jalapeño deseeded
- ½ cup Cilantro finely chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Pinch of Salt & Black Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the corn on the cob. Add the corn cobs to the boiling water and boil for 5 minutes. Remove and rinse until cold water.
- Cut the corn off the cob and add to a medium sized bowl.
- Mince the red onion, red bell peppers, jalapeño and cilantro then add to the fresh corn and mix until combined
- Add in the fresh lime juice, salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!