This Whipped Vegan Feta with Spicy Maple Drizzle is the perfect rich and creamy appetizer for your next gathering. It takes less than 10 minutes to whip up and no one will guess it's completely dairy-free!
A “must” for your next holiday party or small gathering! The creamy texture of the tofu and vegan feta cheese combined with the sweetness of the maple syrup and spice of the hot sauce is super complimentary especially served with toasted crusty bread!
This recipe has been updated with new information and new photos- the recipe is the same,
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Sweet, salty & with a hint of spice, this easy dairy-free whipped feta is perfect for parties, weekends, or a date night appetizer!
- This dip is ridiculously easy to whip up. It takes minimal effort but tastes incredible!
- It's perfect for a Christmas party, new years eve party, small gathering, or a date night appetizer.
- The combo of sweet, spicy, cheesy, and tart- heaven!!
- It's dairy-free and gluten-free (except for the bread- but you can use a gluten free cracker or veggie!)
Creamy, fluffy, cheesy, and tangy- you're going to love this whipped tofu dip! The best part is that it comes together fast and couldn't be easier to make! The only critical factor is making sure you have enough to go around.
- Vegan Feta Cheese: I use Violife feta- this is the base of our dip.
- Firm Tofu: Firm, unpressed tofu helps bulk up our cheese dip without adding more feta. It's neutral in flavor and gets super smooth and creamy so it's a great addition.
- Vegan Cream Cheese: For added creaminess!! I used Violife but any brand will work.
- Lemon Juice: Just a touch for acidity and flavor- add more if desired.
- Garlic: Use 1 to 2 cloves and finely mince them using a grater or garlic press. You want it to be chopped small. If you don't like raw garlic, you can use garlic powder.
- Seasoning: Salt, Black Pepper, and Red Chili Flakes! Add more or less if desired.
You can use a food processor or blender to make this recipe. A food processor will create a whipped, fluffy texture that I prefer but a blender will work as well. I use a Ninja food processor and highly recommend it.
How to Make This Recipe
In a blender or food processor, add all of the whipped feta ingredients.
Blend until smooth and whipped.
Spread out the vegan feta dip on a serving dish- use the back of a spoon to create a swirl.
Whisk together the maple syrup and hot sauce. Drizzle the maple syrup in the swirl. Top with cayenne pepper and chopped parsley. Serve with a toasted baguette!
Tips & Tricks
Firm tofu is best! No need to press the tofu- simply drain the water and add to the blender or food processor.
Pick a good vegan feta! I absolutely love Violife's vegan feta and highly recommend that brand. Trader Joe's sells vegan feta as well and it's very good as well. Both will work in this recipe!
Pick a good vegan cream cheese! For this recipe, I picked up Violife's cream cheese. In some cases, I prefer other brands or homemade but for this recipe- Violife worked well. It's oil-based and extremely creamy so it added a great texture. Tofutti or Daiya will work here as well.
Substitutions & Additions
Make it soy free: You can substitute the tofu with soaked cashews- if this is the case, I recommend using a blender, not a food processor, or else it'll be a bit grainy.
Make it savory: Skip the maple topping and use a suggestion from below.
This easy vegan appetizer is an easy yet impressive recipe that takes under 10 minutes to make in a blender or food processor and will be the hit of the party! Here are a few fun toppings for your vegan dip:
- Chopped dates and almonds would pair well with the hot maple drizzle
- Top with roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, and balsamic vinegar glaze
- Spoon vegan-friendly pesto over the top- would also be delicious with roasted tomatoes
- Keep it simple with olive oil drizzle, fresh herbs, and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
- With Veggies: Fresh cucumbers, red bell peppers, carrots, and celery would be delicious
- With Bread: I love serving this vegan feta dip with a toasty baguette!
- With Flatbread or Pita Bread: Would pair well alongside falafel or roasted cauliflower as well
- Use on a grain bowl, in a wrap, or sandwich.
- Use as a pasta sauce, pizza topping, or salad dressing.
Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days!
Frequently Asked Questions
Vegan feta from Violife is made from water, coconut oil, potato starch, and a few other ingredients!
Sure! You can replace it with more vegan feta or soaked cashews. If you leave it out completely without a substitution, you will need less salt and lemon juice.
I don't recommend freezing this recipe- it will change the texture and I can't guarantee it will be good after thawing.
More Dip Recipes You’ll Love
Whipped Vegan Feta w/ Spicy Maple Drizzle
Whipped Vegan Feta
- 1 Block Violife Vegan Feta Cheese
- 8oz Firm Tofu
- ¼ cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- ½ teaspoon Salt more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Pinch of Red Chili Flakes
Spicy Maple Drizzle:
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons Hot Sauce
- In a blender or food processor, add all of the whipped feta ingredients. Blend until smooth and whipped. Spread out on a serving dish- use the back of a spoon to create a swirl.
- Whisk together the maple syrup and hot sauce. Drizzle the maple syrup in the swirl. Top with cayenne pepper and chopped parsley. Serve with a toasted baguette!