This vegan broccoli cheese soup is perfect for a cold winter night! It is warm, creamy, a nice amount of cheesy, and extremely delicious! It quickly comes together within 30 minutes and is best served with a fresh baguette!
What You Will Need For This Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Vegetable Broth
How To Make The Best Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup
Allow the onions to become soft and start to brown for lots more flavor!
I’ve burned myself by blending hot liquid and have even gotten it all over the walls and ceiling because I filled the blender too high with HOT soup. So, please be cautious and careful when blending hot liquids. I like to let it cool for about 15 minutes or so off the heat and then blend in small batches. I would also recommend placing a towel over the blender to catch any splatter if you have a vitamix and hold the lid tight.
More Soup Recipes You Might Like:
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!Print
Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- 2 tbsp Oil of choice
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 cup Carrots, diced
- 2 cups Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 5 cups Vegetable Broth
- 4 cups Broccoli, bite sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Ground Mustard
- Salt to taste, I used 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Vegan Cheese (for garnish, optional)
- Baguette (optional, recommended)
Cashew Cheese Sauce:
- a cup of Cashews, soaked
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Plant Milk
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Heat oil in a large, deep pot on medium high heat.
- Dice onion and carrots. Sprinkle with salt and cook for 5-7 minutes! Peel and chop potatoes and three garlic cloves and add to pot and cook for an additional 3 minutes, lightly sprinkling with salt again. Add 4 cups of broccoli, cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add 5 cups of vegetable broth to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile, make cheese sauce.
- Add all ingredients for Cashew Cheese Sauce to blender and blend until smooth. If you don’t have a high speed blender, soak cashews in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Add paprika, ground mustard, salt, pepper, and cayenne to soup. Empty out Cashew Cheese Sauce into separate bowl. Carefully transfer soup to blender and cover with a dish towel to avoid splashes. Pulse a few times until soup is slightly chunky or to preference. Return soup to pot and add cashew cheese.
- Enjoy with shredded vegan cheese (I recommend the brand follow your heart) on top and of course, don’t forget the baguette!
Keywords: Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup, broccoli cheese soup