Today, I’m sharing with you an Almond Herb Vegan Cheese! I’m so excited about this cheese because it contains no weird ingredients. You might even have most of these ingredients on hand already. Except for maybe the blanched almonds. But those are simply almonds that have the skin removed which you can buy or remove the skins yourself by boiling them and rinsing in cold water.
So what’s to love about this Almond Herb Vegan Cheese? Well, it is creamy, a little bit tangy, flavorful, and spreadable! And honestly, it’s pretty amazing to make your own cheese and not to mention so much cheaper than those fancy pre-made nut based ones. This cheese spread is best served with fresh fruit, crackers, bread, and tofurkey deli slices which is why this is my first Thanksgiving recipe. This cheese platter is perfect to serve as an appetizer while you cook your Thanksgiving dinner and hang out with your family and friends.
What You Will Need For These Salted Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Bites
The best part of this recipe is that is requires no special equipment! We do need to melt chocolate but that can be done in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Blanched Almonds
- Lemon Juice
- Refined Coconut Oil
- Nutritional Yeast
- Blanched Almonds: Almonds can be substituted with cashews.
- Refined Coconut Oil: Unfortunately this cannot be substituted. This is what’s going to help solidify the cheese while also keeping it spreadable. I don’t recommend unrefined coconut oil because the flavor is way too strong and overpowering.
Here are my top tips for the perfect Charcuterie Board:
1: Pre-make the vegan cheese ahead of time and save loads of time. This needs to sit in the fridge for at least 6 hours but can be made a few days in advance.
2: Other than the cheese, choose simple and pre-made snacks to make this a quick and easy appetizer. Examples: Vegan deli slices, whole nuts, dried fruit like cranberries, fresh fruit, baguette, pretzels, jams, pickles, olives, or crackers.
3: No need to spend lots of money on a fancy charcuterie board. Just grab anything you have laying around the house like a wooden cutting board, a regular plastic cutting board, a serving tray, or check out your nearest thrift shops!
Charcuterie Board Ideas:
- Grapes, Apples, Oranges
- Raspberries or Strawberries
- Dried Cranberries and Mixed Nuts
- Your Favorite Jam
- Tofurkey Deli Slices
- Garlic + Herb Crackers
- Toasted Baguette
More Recipes You Might Like:
- Vegan Maple Glazed Holiday Roast
- Roasted Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes
- Brussels Sprout & Sweet Potato Salad w/ Maple Mustard Dressing
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Almond Herb Vegan Cheese
- 2 cups Blanched Almonds
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- Zest of Half a Lemon
- 1/4 cup Refined Coconut Oil unrefined will have a more coconut-y flavor
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2-3 tbsps Fresh Parsley
- 2-3 tbsps Green Onion
- Boil the Blanched Almonds for 15-20 minutes to soften them.
- After boiled, add them to a food processor along with all the other cheese ingredients except for the fresh parsley and green onion.
- Blend the mixture until it is as smooth as possible. This will take a few minutes.
- Next, take out the blade for the food processor and add in the fresh parsley and green onion. Mix with a spatula.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Now, grab a large piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap and lay it flat on a table.
- Place the cheese in the middle and wrap it up as tightly as you can to shape either a log or ball.
- After it's completely covered and shaped, place the cheese in to the fridge for at least 6 hours but overnight is preferred. Keep in fridge for up to 1 week.
- When ready to assemble, unwrap the chilled cheese ball and place on the board of your choice. Decorate your charcuterie board with whatever you'd like. Get creative! Serve and enjoy.