This Vegan Cinnamon Crumble Banana Bread is a mix between coffee cake and banana bread. The banana bread is fluffy and moist and topped with buttery sugar crumbles that take this sweet treat to a whole new level.
The banana bread is fluffy, super moist, has the perfect light crumb structure, and isn't too sweet. The crumble on top is sweet, crisp, and crumbly and is a must-have! Seriously, don't take it off! It's too good.
This dairy-free crumble banana bread will be perfect for your next friends or family brunch gathering, a Sunday morning baking session, or to bake and freeze so you can always have a sweet treat on hand. Be sure to keep this recipe handy so you have it whenever your bananas are ripe!
This vegan banana bread doesn't require any fancy equipment. You will need a standard loaf pan. You could also make muffins in a 12-count muffin tin.
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda, not powder
- Mashed Bananas
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Soda: Baking soda cannot be substituted with baking powder.
- All Purpose Flour: I haven't tried this banana bread with any other flour but if you give it a try, let me know!
- Granulated Sugar: This can be substituted with light brown sugar but leave out the molasses in the loaf if you make this switch.
- Mini Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Toasted Pecans or Walnuts
- Vanilla Extract
Frequently Asked Questions
The bananas used for banana bread be very very ripe. Black is preferred.
Over-measuring flour can result in a dry batter which will then create a dry and dense bread. Spoon and level the flour! I can’t recommend this enough. Avoid scooping the flour out of the container or bag with your measuring cup simply spoon the flour into the measuring cup and level it off with a knife instead. Avoid packing the flour into the cup or banging the cup on the counter. This will make the flour settle and you’ll end up with too much flour.
Be careful not to underbake your loaf or you'll end up with gooey banana bread. Before taking the bread out of the oven gently press down a few times and the loaf should bounce back. You could also insert a toothpick and it'll come out clean when it's ready.
Yes! Pre-slice the leftovers and place a piece of parchment paper in between each slice so they don't stick together. Simply microwave or place in the oven for a few minutes.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Chocolate Chip Espresso Scones
- Vegan Double Chocolate Olive Oil Muffins
- Vegan Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Vegan Cinnamon Crumble Banana Bread
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour spoon & level
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Plant Milk
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Ground Flaxseed
- 1 ⅓ cups Mashed Ripe Banana
- ⅓ cup Vegetable Oil
- ⅓ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Molasses
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons Cold Vegan Butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spoon and level the all purpose flour in to a large bowl and stir in the baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together the unsweetened plant milk, apple cider vinegar and ground flaxseed in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Mash the bananas and add to the plant milk mixture along with the vegetable oil, granulated sugar and molasses. Whisk well to combine.
- Add the wet mixture in to the dry and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter in to the greased loaf pan and set aside.
- Make the crumble by combining the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Then use a fork or clean hands to crumble the butter in to the sugar mixture until crumbles form.
- Evenly spread the crumbles on top of the banana bread and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or the loaf bounces back when gently pressed. Let cool before enjoying!