I told you I'm in full fall mode! I'm really enjoying having soup and this Cauliflower Leek Soup might be the most comforting and cozy.
This Cauliflower Leek Soup is incredibly simple ingredients blended together to create a smooth and creamy texture. The onions get all caramelized and are blended with browned cauliflower, leek, lots of garlic, and fresh thyme!! It's simple yet warming and delicious. Serve with toasted sourdough bread!
What You Will Need For This Cauliflower Leek Soup
This is a blended creamy soup so you'll need a blender or an immersion blender for this recipe to create a smooth texture.
- Vegetable Broth
- Coconut Milk
How To Make The Best Cauliflower Leek Soup
Allow the onions and Caulfilower to become soft and start to brown for lots more flavor! This is such a simple soup with minimal ingredients so this is where a lot of the flavor happens. Give the onions time to properly caramelize and brown the cauliflower.
I've burned myself by blending hot liquid and have even gotten it all over the walls and ceiling because I filled the blender too high with HOT soup. So, please be cautious and careful when blending hot liquids. I like to let it cool for about 15 minutes or so off the heat and then blend in small batches. I would also recommend placing a towel over the blender to catch any splatter if you have a vitamix and hold the lid tight.
More Soup Recipes You Might Like:
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Cauliflower Leek Soup
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion
- 1 Medium Cauliflower
- 3-5 Garlic Cloves
- 3 cups Leek
- 1-2 tablespoons Fresh Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- Sourdough Bread for serving
- Heat a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Prep the vegetables by dicing the onion, cutting the cauliflower in bite sized pieces, thinly slicing the leek, and mincing the garlic.
- Add the olive oil and onion to the pot and cook until soft and starting to brown, about 7 minutes.
- Toss in the cauliflower and cook for 10 minutes. Stirring only occasionally allowing the cauliflower to brown and the onions to caramelize. Turn down heat if needed.
- Add the garlic and leek and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Roughly chop fresh thyme and add to the soup along with the bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the bay leaves. Turn off heat and allow to cool before carefully transferring the soup to a blender. Blend in batches and be very cautious when blending hot liquids.
- Return the blended soup in to the pot on medium heat and stir in the can of coconut milk. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve the soup with a garnish of fresh thyme and toasted sourdough bread. Enjoy!