This Vegan Mocha Latte with homemade chocolate sauce is pure perfection! Homemade chocolate syrup, your favorite plant milk, canned coconut milk, double shot of espresso and topped off with toasted coconut shreds. Coffee shop vibes but in the comfort of your own home.
This is a latte so you'll need an espresso maker or you could opt for a strong cup of coffee. Both will be delicious. The real star of the show here is the chocolate syrup.
You will definitely need a milk frother. I use the Nespresso Aeroccino and I love it because you can froth the milk cold or steam it! But a handheld one will work as well just make sure you heat up the milk before frothing.
- Cocoa Powder
- Cane Sugar
- Espresso or Strong Coffee
- Plant Milk of Choice
- Canned Coconut Milk
- Coconut Shreds
- Espresso: Strong coffee will work as well.
- Cane Sugar: Any sugar will work here. I used granulated sugar but you can use raw turbinado sugar or light brown sugar.
- Canned Coconut Milk: You can simply leave this out but I loved the addition of it because it made the coffee super creamy and gave it a nice subtle coconut flavor.
- Toasted Coconut: This is a garnish and I loved the crunchy topping (don't mix it in or it's weird) but if you don't have any just leave it off and give it a nice drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
I use the Nespresso Aeroccino and love it but any frother you have will work. The most important thing is getting a plant milk that froths well.
You want a thicker milk. Thin watery plant milk will not froth and they will become bubbly very fast. My favorites are Silk Soy Milk, Almond Breeze Almond Milk, and Planet Oat Oat Milk.
I use a Nespresso Breville Vertuo and I love it so much! Highly recommend.
This mocha latte is as sweet as you want it to be. It's a very sweet sauce but it's perfectly paired with the espresso and unsweetened plant milk. You can add as much or as little as you want to create your desired level of sweetness.
You can store the chocolate sauce in the fridge for up to a week.
More Coffee Recipes You Might Like
- Chai Spiced Oat Milk Shaken Espresso
- Vegan Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Vegan Apple Crisp Macchiato (Starbucks Copycat)
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Vegan Mocha Latte (Homemade Chocolate Sauce!)
Vegan Chocolate Sauce:
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Organic Cane Sugar
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Plant Milk
- Pinch of Salt
Toasted Coconut Mocha Latte (Makes 1):
- Double Espresso Shot
- 1-2 tablespoons Vegan Chocolate Sauce
- ½ cup Unsweetened Plant Milk I used Almond
- 2 tablespoons Canned Coconut Milk
- 3-4 tablespoons Coconut Shreds enough for multiple drinks
- Make the Vegan Chocolate Sauce: Simply combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan on medium heat and whisk together. Let simmer for a few minutes until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off heat and let cool. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Add toasted coconut to a pan on medium heat. Toss until golden brown and toasted. This happens quick so keep an eye on it.
- Add as much or as little of the chocolate sauce to the bottom of your mug then brew a double shot of espresso over the chocolate sauce.
- Combine the plant milk with the canned coconut milk and froth.
- Add the frothed milk to the espresso. Stir to combine and top it off with toasted coconut and an extra drizzle of the chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
- To serve cold simply brew espresso over ice and add cold frothed plant milk.