Creamy, easy, and delicious layered Iced Strawberry Matcha Latte made right in the comfort of your own home. Your new favorite summer drink is made up of three easy components: Strawberry jam, your favorite non-dairy milk, and matcha! So simple and so good. Enjoy!
You know how I feel about coffee if you follow me on Instagram. I post my morning coffee on my story nearly every day! It’s my favorite part of my morning routine. But lately I’ve been cheating on my morning coffee with matcha. I can’t get enough! This Iced Strawberry Matcha Latte is one of my favorite drinks I’ve made recently. It’s a perfect afternoon pick me up!
Let’s break it down:
This Iced Strawberry Matcha Latte is very simple to make! Start by cooking diced strawberries with some brown sugar in a pan until reduced. Add the strawberry jam to the bottom of your glass, top with ice, plant milk, sweetener of choice, and matcha. Stir and serve! Simple and so good.
What You Will Need For This Iced Strawberry Matcha Latte
- Plant Milk
- Maple Syrup
You can customize this to your preference. I used Almond Milk but any plant milk will be delicious in this.
How To Make The Best Iced Strawberry Matcha Latte
I purchased the matcha I’ve been using from Whole Foods because I was spending too much money at my local coffee shop on $7 iced matcha lattes. But when I need a refill I’m going to order from one of these amazing companies!
Not all matcha is created equal. It can come in a wide range of quality, flavor, colors, etc. The Complete Guide to Matcha by In Pursuit of Tea is incredibly helpful and an interesting read that I highly recommend.
More Drink Recipes You Might Like:
- Vegan Apple Crisp Macchiato
- Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade
- Spiked Vegan Chai Latte
- Vegan Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Iced Strawberry Matcha Latte
- 1 cup Strawberries diced
- 1 TBSP Organic Brown Sugar
- 1 TSP Matcha
- 2 oz Hot Water
- 1 cup Unsweetened Plant Milk I use Almond
- 1 TBSP Maple Syrup more or less if desired
- Dice the strawberries and add to a small pot along with the brown sugar. Cook on medium heat until the strawberries are soft and the juices have been released. Smash half the strawberries with a potato masher or a fork. Turn heat off when the jam has slightly thickened, about 5-7 minutes. Let cool, I usually transfer it to a bowl and put it in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Whisk together 1 teaspoon of matcha powder and the 2oz of hot water. Whisk vigorously until no clumps remain and bubbles have formed on top.
- Add some of the strawberry jam to the bottom of a glass. Add a good amount of ice, the unsweetened non-dairy milk and stir in the sweetener if desired. Pour in the matcha. Serve immediately. Enjoy!