This Vegan Roasted Garlic Oil-Free Aioli recipe comes together with just a few simple ingredients to give you the perfect condiment to put on sandwiches, burgers, grain bowls, and salads or can be used as a dip!
This homemade roasted garlic aioli is simple to make and full of healthy ingredients. It's made with silken tofu but is just as creamy and full of flavor as traditional aioli. You're gonna love this!
What is Aioli?
What even is Aioli? Isn't it mayo...? A lot of people have dubbed it the fancy mayo. Aioli traditionally was oil emulsified with garlic but now it truly is just flavored fancy mayo. But nevertheless, it's a tasty dip!
My silken tofu oil-free aioli is nothing of tradition but it's a delicious creamy garlic-y sauce or dip that is perfect with so many foods. Sandwiches, french fries, burgers, grain bowls, mixed in to slaw, dip for vegan tofu nuggets, a salad dressing... I could go on.
You will need a blender for this oil-free aioli. Our base is silken tofu which needs to be blended to create a smooth and creamy sauce.
- Roasted Garlic
- Silken Tofu
- Lemon Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Nutritional Yeast
- White Miso Paste
The ingredients below are what yielded the most delicious results for me but feel free to taste and adjust. Maybe you want more dijon, or more lemon, or black pepper. Maybe a little heat element so you can red pepper flakes. Treat this like a base and add from there.
How to Roasted Garlic:
Roasted garlic is a game changer in flavor. Once you add roasted, you're not gonna want to add raw cloves in a sauce ever again! The flavor is simply magic. Luckily, roasting garlic is very simple!
Simply, cut off the top of the head of garlic to expose the cloves. Drizzle with olive oil (optional) and a pinch of salt and pepper. Then, wrap in foil and place in a baking dish then roast the garlic for 30 minutes.
How to Make This Recipe
This Oil-free vegan garlic aioli is so tasty and simple to whip together. Once your garlic is roasted, you're basically done!
Squeeze the garlic cloves out and into a blender along with all the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust!
- Chipotle! Add a chipotle pepper in adobo sauce and add a little bit of that sauce as well. Yum!
- More lemon and lemon zest!
- Blend in herbs like cilantro and replace the lemon with lime!
- Blend in sun-dried tomatoes or roasted red bell peppers
- Smoked paprika and cumin.
- Parsley or dill would be delicious
I love to mix this garlic aioli into slaw cabbage mixture and serve on a summer-inspired grain bowl like the tempeh bbq bowl pictured below or put on a pulled jackfruit sandwich.
Any way you would use a mayo-based sauce, just use this instead. For example, in a chickpea "tuna" salad or potato salad, or even a pasta salad.
This is the BEST dip for potato wedges or fries. As well as tofu or vegan chicken nuggets. This vegan aioli can also be used as a sauce for burgers, breakfast sandwiches, or wraps. I could even see this being a good salad dressing. The options are truly endless.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to a week!
Yes!! I find it's even better the next day.
Of course but it will change the flavor a bit because raw garlic is a little pungent.
More Sauce Recipes
- Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Sauce
- Vegan Heavy Cream Substitute (Cashew Cream)
- The Best Vegan Sour Cream
- Best Vegan Chipotle Aioli
Vegan Roasted Garlic Aioli (Oil-Free!)
- 1 Head of Garlic
- Splash of Olive Oil optional but recommend
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 16 oz Silken Tofu drained
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 2 teaspoons White Miso
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder optional
- ½ - 1 teaspoon Salt to taste
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Roasted Garlic: Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut ¼in off the top of the bulb of garlic to expose the cloves.
- Drizzle with olive oil (optional) and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Wrap in foil and place in a baking dish then roast the garlic for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Aioli: Squeeze out the roasted garlic cloves and place in to a blender along with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust salt or any other flavor desired then enjoy!!