This quick and easy Spicy Pineapple Mango Salsa recipe comes together in minutes and adds a sweet and spicy element to any meal! These simple yet fresh and colorful ingredients are flavor-packed and perfect for topping tacos, burrito bowls, or scooping up with corn chips.
This sweet and savory pineapple salsa comes together by combining fresh pineapple, mango, red bell peppers, red onions, and cilantro, all tossed together and seasoned with lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper to bring those flavors together.
This sweet and spicy fruit-based pineapple mango salsa is absolutely amazing on top of tacos, burrito bowls, salads, served with bbq tofu or tempeh, or used as a dip for chips! The options are endless.
- Red Onion
- Lime Juice
- Fresh Pineapple & Mango: This is the base of our salsa.
- Red Onion & Red Bell Peppers: For flavor and a nice crunch!
- Jalapeños: For heat! If you want more heat, add habanero peppers instead.
- Fresh Cilantro: Salsa isn't salsa without cilantro.
- Lime Juice: Adds a nice tangy flavor to balance out the sweet and spicy.
How to Make This Recipe
This vegan mango salsa is super simple to throw together! It's a lot of chopping but adds a delicious freshness to so many dishes that it's worth it!
Dice the pineapple and mango and add to a large bowl. You can dice them whatever size you prefer.
Mince the red onion, red bell peppers, jalapeños, garlic and cilantro. Add to the bowl along with the fresh pineapple and mango.
Squeeze in lime juice to taste. Start with 1 lime then taste and add more if desired. I love lime juice and find two whole limes to be the perfect amount. That is usually around ¼ cup of juice but again, start with 1 and go from there.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper! Serve on tacos, burrito bowls, with chips or however you'd like. Enjoy!
- Tacos: I love doing BBQ tacos with this fresh fruity salsa pilled up on top. Perfect for the summertime! I typically use this recipe for BBQ Tempeh or tofu. I could also see this being delicious on a vegan fish taco!
- Burrito Bowls: Serve on top of Cilantro Lime Rice, Chipotle Style Black Beans, and a protein like Chicken Seitan, tempeh, or tofu.
- Use as a dip for corn chips!
- Make teriyaki tofu or jerk-flavored tofu and top it off with pineapple mango salsa and serve with white jasmine rice.
How to Store Leftover Salsa
This spicy pineapple mango salsa can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days. I don't recommend freezing this salsa.
More Sauce & Dip Recipes
- The Best Corn Salsa (Chipotle Copycat)
- Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Sauce
- Homemade Vegan BBQ Sauce
- Vegan Roasted Garlic Aioli (Oil-Free!)
- Tomatillo Green Chili Salsa
Spicy Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 2 cups Fresh Pineapple diced
- 1 ripe Mango diced
- ½ cup Red Onion minced
- ½ cup Red Bell Peppers minced
- 2 Jalapeños seeds optional
- 1-3 Garlic Cloves minced
- ⅓ to ½ cup Cilantro finely minced
- Juice of 1- 2 Limes
- Pinch of Salt & Black Pepper
- Dice the pineapple and mango and add to a large bowl.
- Mince the red onion, red bell peppers, jalapeños, garlic and cilantro. Add to the bowl.
- Squeeze in lime juice to taste. Start with 1 lime then taste and add more if desired.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve & enjoy!