Homemade ice cream has never been easier! This No-Churn Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream requires a blender, a freezer-safe container, and patience.
It's as simple as blending the base ingredients together, making a simple strawberry jam, and breaking up some pre-made cookies. We'll be swirling these ingredients together and then all we gotta do is wait! Waiting is definitely the hardest part.
While testing this recipe, my number 1 concern was to make sure it wasn't icy! By using high-fat ingredients like coconut cream and the cashew nut base from Joi, I was able to create that creamy ice cream I was dreaming about. I know you're going absolutely love this No-Churn Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream.
So, what is JOI?
NOTE: This product was gifted to me. I would never share anything with you if I didn't 100 percent believe that the product was worth it. I truly believe this is a wonderful product from a wonderful company that I will continue to support with my own dollar.
Joi is a nut base that is made up of 1 ingredient! You simply blend this 1 ingredient nut base with water and you have plant based milk in a matter of 30 seconds! After reading about this product, I was so excited to see what I could make with it besides just plant milk. I found out you can add this to soups, sauces, baked goods, and.... ICE CREAM!
So, why should you use Joi instead of using store-bought plant milk?
This product along with some coconut cream is what is going to make our ice cream as creamy and delicious as store-bought. You have total control over the creaminess. If you were to make plant milk with Joi you'd be using 1-2 tbsps of Joi with 1 cup of water. For ice cream, we don't want that much water or we will end up with flavored ice. We will be using equal parts joi to water to create that creamy texture. I also want to note how much better for our environment this is. A 15oz container of Joi makes 27 cups of milk compared to a carton at the store which contains only 8 cups! The container is also 100% recyclable.
What You Will Need For This No-Churn Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Joi Cashew Base or Cashew Nut Butter
- Homemade Strawberry Jam
- Coconut Cream
- Crunchy Store-bought Cinnamon Cookies
This recipe was tested multiple times and I do not recommend substituting anything. Any changes could result in icy ice cream and we don't want that! The below measurements and ingredients will result in a creamy and delicious vegan ice cream. That being said, the Joi cashew base can be substituted with my Cashew Butter recipe.
Vegan Ice Cream Recipe with Ice Cream Maker
Be patient. It takes a lot of time to make no-churn ice cream because you have to allow the ice cream to freeze for two hours, mix in the strawberry jam and cookies, then freeze again for a minimum of 6 hours. It's all worth it though!!
More Dessert Recipes You Might Like
- Chocolate Chip Espresso Scones
- Vegan Ginger Cookies
- Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
No-Churn Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 1 can Coconut Cream solid part only
- ⅓ cup Joi Cashew Base
- ⅓ cup Water
- ¼ cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
Jam & Cookies:
- 2 cups Strawberries diced
- 2 tablespoon Organic Cane Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 5-6 Store-bought Crunchy Vegan Cookies
Ice Cream Base:
- Refrigerate the can of coconut cream overnight. Open the can of coconut cream, scoop out only the solid white parts. Discard the liquid. 1 can should measure to 1 cup of solid coconut cream.
- Melt the solid coconut cream in a pan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat.
- Add the melted coconut cream, Joi cashew base, water, sugar, vanilla, and salt to a blender. Blend for 3 minutes.
- Pour ice cream base in to a freezer safe container, do not cover. Place in freezer for 2hrs before adding the rest of ingredients.
Jam & Cookies:
- Dice strawberries and add to a small pot on medium heat. Add the sugar and pinch of salt. Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring often. Turn off heat and place in fridge to cool. The jam will continue to thicken when cooling.
- Break the cookies in to a few pieces. You want them to be fairly large chunks and not crumbs.
Finish it up:
- After 2 hours, remove ice cream base from freezer. Carefully swirl in all the jam and the cookies. Cover the ice cream and return to the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Serve your ice cream in a cone, in a cup, or straight from the container. Enjoy!!