This Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Tofu is a light and delicious protein that will be a healthy addition to your dinner plate. Not only is it beautiful, it's incredibly flavorful! Balsamic vinegar is the stand out flavor along with brown sugar to sweetened it up. You're going to love this sweet and sour center piece!
Let’s break it down:
This dish comes together incredibly easy. The hardest part of making this Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Tofu is waiting 24 hours for it to marinate. Simply whisk together the marinade, score the tofu, and marinate. Baking it is just as easy! It goes in to the oven for a little over an hour. During that time we will thicken up the leftover marinade and finish it off by pouring it over the baked tofu to make it even more delicious.
What You Will Need For This Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Tofu
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Brown Sugar
- Dried Herbs
I personally love this marinate so much as is but it's completely customizable. Switch out the lemon juice for orange juice or add different herbs. It's up to you!
I served mine with roasted potatoes and a vegetable. But this would also be delicious over rice, a sandwich, or on a salad. It's the perfect protein that can be served with just about anything for a healthy and light dinner.
How To Make The Best Glazed Tofu
Learn more about making the best tofu ever in the Ultimate Guide to Cooking Tofu.
Press your tofu. Pressing improves the texture of the tofu and will also help the tofu soak up all the marinade. I have a tofu press and highly recommend it but you can make a diy tofu press easily by putting the tofu in between two plates and stacking heavy items on top. I almost always have pre- pressed tofu in my fridge so it’s ready to use any time! Simply press tofu and then store in an airtight container and use within 2-3 days.
This Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Tofu must be marinaded for minimum 12 hours and up to 2 days.
More Tofu Recipes You Might Like:
If You Make This Recipe:
Tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious re-creations and feature them! As always, I would greatly appreciate if you share your review in the comments below. Don’t forget to add if you made any fun substitutions. Thank you!
Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Tofu
Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Tofu
- 1 Block Extra Firm Tofu
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ⅓ cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Organic Brown Sugar or Maple Syrup
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Make the Marinade: Drain and carefully squeeze as much water out of the block of tofu. Use a tofu press or make your own diy tofu press by placing the tofu on a bowl flipped upside down with a wide bowl underneath to catch the water. Stack heavy items on top being sure not to crush it. You really want a lot of the water out of the tofu. Press for 1 hour.
- Use a knife to score a diamond pattern across the top of the tofu cutting about ¼ inch deep.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, vegetable broth, olive oil, brown sugar, minced garlic cloves, thyme, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper together in a reusable container or ziplock bag. Add in block of tofu and cover. Place in fridge and marinate for 12 hours or up to 2 days. During this time, flip the tofu over at the halfway mark or as many times as you can manage to make sure all of the tofu has been marinaded.
- Bake the Tofu: Preheat oven to 375F.
- Do not drain marinade. Keep it for the glaze. Remove the tofu and place on a lined baking tray. Bake the tofu for 60-70 minutes or until the edges are nicely browned and it's dry to the touch.
- Add the marinade to a small pan and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Simmer the glaze for about 15 minutes until reduced and thickened, whisking often.
- Pour the glaze over the baked tofu. Slice and serve!